Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
My Life, My Music
By John Fogerty
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover (Large Print) $47.00 $60.00 CAD
- ebook $15.99 $19.99 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
- Trade Paperback $19.99 $25.99 CAD
- Audiobook CD (Unabridged) $30.00 $33.00 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around October 6, 2015. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Creedence Clearwater Revival is one of the most important and beloved bands in the history of rock, and John Fogerty wrote, sang, and produced their instantly recognizable classics: “Proud Mary,” “Bad Moon Rising,” “Born on the Bayou,” and more. Now he reveals how he brought CCR to number one in the world, eclipsing even the Beatles in 1969. By the next year, though, Creedence was falling apart; their amazing, enduring success exploded and faded in just a few short years.
Fortunate Son takes readers from Fogerty’s Northern California roots, through Creedence’s success and the retreat from music and public life, to his hard-won revival as a solo artist who finally found love.
One of The Washington Post's Notable Nonfiction Books of 2015One of The Daily Beast's Best Memoirs & Autobiographies of 2015
"A natural storyteller, folksy and crusty, Fogerty chronicles the brief but brilliant success of his band, Creedence Clearwater Revival, and its tragic collapse."—Greg Schneider, The Washington Post
- "A classic rock 'n' roll survivor's tale."—Mark Guarino, The Chicago Tribune
- "A very readable, fascinating account of John Fogerty's life.... One of the best stories of the entire '60s rock 'n' roll era, it is Fogerty's, it is here, and it's worth reading his whole account of the thing. Glad it finally arrived."—Dave DiMartino, Yahoo! Music
- "Fortunate Son will take you on a fascinating journey in the tormented artist's own voice."—Ken Hoffman, Houston Chronicle
- "It is fitting that writing--i.e., songwriting--is the main theme of Fogerty's biography, which was penned with the same depth of feeling as his music.... But this isn't just an account of one musician's ups and downs with art and life; Fogerty has created a solid study of popular music over the past 50 years."—Publishers Weekly
- "A cracking good storyteller."—Henry L. Carrigan, Jr., BookPage
- "At the core of this book is a story of redemption fueled by the power of love, and Fogerty's memory is unerring with what brought about that turnaround: wife Julie Fogerty. Some artists cannot be stopped, and that's one of the prime lessons of this book."—Bill Bentley, The Morton Report
- "Mr. Fogerty's story will entertain fans, musicians and lovers of American roots music, yet it stands as one more cautionary tale about the darker side of the music business, where artists not handling their due diligence pay dearly. Fortunate Son is the tale of one who fought those battles and ultimately emerged a survivor."—Rich Kienzle, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- On Sale
- Oct 6, 2015
- Page Count
- 560 pages
- Little, Brown and Company