Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Kickass Healthy LADA
How to Thrive with Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults
Foreword by Dr. Maury Hafermann
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $19.99 $24.99 CAD
- ebook $13.99 $17.99 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around April 4, 2023. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
The first book for the general public on LADA (Latent Auto-immune Diabetes in Adults) aka Diabetes 1.5, Kickass Healthy Lada offers the most up to date information, with practical strategies and tips for healthy living.If you are one of the millions of Americans with Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults (LADA), you may not even know it. You may be one of the ten percent of people diagnosed with type 2 diabetes who actually have LADA. Even if you do know that you have LADA, sometimes called “diabetes 1.5,” you’re likely to be inundated with unhelpful advice and potentially harmful treatments, leaving you feeling confused and overwhelmed. That was Jacqueline Haskins’ experience. After visiting five doctors before getting helpful guidance, and realizing there wasn’t a friendly “how-to” book meant for the general public about LADA—she decided to write one.
Thoroughly researched, empathetic, and practical, Kickass Healthy LADA shares Haskins’s hard-earned expertise. Medically reviewed and vetted, this go-to guide provides critical information and insights, including:
- A detailed breakdown of the different diabetes diagnoses
- What makes LADA different and how to find the best treatment team
- Insulin: what it is, what it does, and how to know if we need more of this natural hormone
- Tools for good health with LADA, including food and nutrition advice
- Introducing Carb-Craft: how to safely enjoy the foods you love
- On Sale
- Apr 4, 2023
- Page Count
- 384 pages
- Hachette Go