Foreword by Sara Quin
Foreword by Tegan and Sara
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $17.99 $22.99 CAD
- ebook $9.99 $11.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around October 17, 2006. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
The authors of Veganomicon take on the cupcakes in this sweet and sassy guide to baking everyone’s favorite treat entirely clear of animal products. This unique cookbook contains over 50 recipes for cupcakes and frostings with stunning full color photographs. Isa and Terry offer delicious, cheap, egg-free, and dairy-free recipes for standards like Classic Vanilla Cupcakes (with chocolate frosting), Crimson Velveteen Cupcakes (red velvet with creamy white frosting), and Linzer Torte Cupcakes (hazelnut with raspberry and chocolate ganache), as well as innovative Chai Latte Cupcakes (with powdered sugar) and Banana Split Cupcakes (banana-chocolate chip-pineapple with fluffy frosting). The book also includes gluten-free recipes, decorating tips, baking guidelines, vegan shopping advice, and Isa’s own cupcake anecdotes. Dessert lovers and vegans rejoice when Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.
- "Another gem by Isa Moskowitz, this cupcake bible includes 75 different recipes for cupcake batter and frosting...Vegan Cupcakes will tantalize and inspire, especially with the beautiful photos of each recipe."—GirlGetStrong.com
- "Will satisfy almost everyone's sweet tooth and visions of sugarplums."—The Auburn Citizen
"These [Peanut Butter] cupcakes are pushed to maximum peanuty capacity and still remain moist and fluffy. Chunky peanut butter, molasses and flaxseed give them an intense flavor and nutty texture."
- "[The Sexy Low-Fat Vanilla Cupcakes are] vanilla-scented gems."—iVillage.com
- "Granted, these authors aren't on restricted diets due to allergies or celiac disease, but their wildly inventive vegan desserts are dairy- and egg-free, and they have a whole section on how to make cookies without wheat."—The RetailMeNot Insider
- "Isa and Terry deserve top marks with for this unique collection of highly creative recipes for out-of-this-world cupcakes. Get your copy now, get cookin' and get tremendous satisfaction from making these unusual cupcakes."—BizIndia.net
- "Marks an important milestone for veganism in that it proved to the mainstream that vegan food can be awesome."—VegNews
- On Sale
- Oct 17, 2006
- Page Count
- 176 pages
- Da Capo Lifelong Books