Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Baby Bear's Book of Tiny Tales
Formats and Prices
- ebook $9.99 $12.99 CAD
- Hardcover $17.99 $23.49 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around March 6, 2018. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
This collection of simple, short, and irresistibly sweet stories about Baby Bear finding things–and figuring out what to do with them–includes “Baby Bear Finds a Book,” “Baby Bear Finds a Flower,” “Baby Bear Finds a Baby Bird,” and “Baby Bear Finds a Friend.” Charmingly written and illustrated by celebrated artist David McPhail, the impeccably classic feel of the text and art will take readers back to Sendak’s Little Bear and Lobel’s Frog and Toad books.
Praise for Baby Bear's Book of Tiny Tales:
"McPhail's latest offering is distinguished by an old-fashioned sweetness... The innocence and gentle tone of these "Tiny Tales" pays homage to the original Little Bear by Else Holmelund Minarik."
* "Reminiscent of books from another era, this is a collection of four short stories about an active and curious little bear named Baby Bear. The book is similar in look and format to the Little Bear series by Else Holmelund Minarik and many of the short story collections by Arnold Lobel. The illustrations, completed in ink and watercolor, are warm and beautiful and add to the nostalgic charm of the book. The pictures are so well done that they alone could tell the stories."
—School Library Journal, starred review
- "In both the text and the illustrations, there's an earnestness about these characters that is childlike and endearing. With a wider format than most books for beginning readers, this also makes an appealing picture book for reading aloud to the younger set."—Booklist
"McPhail subtly reminds readers that they, too, are capable of accomplishing quite a bit. These simple, well-structured stories are suffused with warmth and a spirit of generosity, and the book is ideally suited to burgeoning readers who are eager to put their developing skills to the test."
"Young readers will be drawn easily into Baby Bear's world."
- "Watercolor provides soft texture for McPhail's charming pen-and-ink illustrations."—Kirkus Reviews
- "A perfect picture book introduction to simple but delightful narratives."—WCMU Public Radio
"Warm affirmation that will just suit a small reader's sensibilities."
—The Wall Street Journal
Praise for All the Awake Animals Are Almost Asleep:* "With meticulous inking and a palette of watercolors that glows with the soft colors of dusk and twilight, McPhail portrays an animal world where sleep is a welcome visitor and bedding down is an eloquent expression of personality."—Publishers Weekly, starred review
- "Luxuriously colorful, like a warm, luminescent blanket at bedtime."—New York Times
- "Gorgeously serene... beautiful."—Booklist
- On Sale
- Mar 6, 2018
- Page Count
- 56 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers