By Brett Larkin
Formats and Prices
Overwhelmed? Overscheduled? Want to access the benefits of yoga, but can’t seem to make it to the mat? Beat stress with a yoga ritual that works for you in 20-minutes or less. Featuring adaptations for anxiety, weight loss, injury, and prenatal yoga, this "playful and real" (Elena Brower) guide is a must-read for beginners and seasoned yoga teachers alike.
We all know that yoga can calm your mind and heal your body, but let’s be real: It can be hard to cram one more thing into your messy, stressful, time-crunched life.
Good news! If you're not making it to the mat, the problem isn’t you—it’s the yoga you’re practicing.
Award-winning instructor and Uplifted Yoga founder Brett Larkin is here to help you design an adaptable, personalized practice, and cut to the chase with quick yoga habits that soothe your soul. With the support of quizzes and thirty book-exclusive companion videos you’ll learn:
- A five-step method to design a personal practice that works for your schedule.
- How to adapt your practice to meet your physical, mental, and emotional needs.
- More than a dozen yoga habits that will help you calm your mind and body, even if you never manage to make it to the mat.
Grounded in the wisdom of yoga’s original texts, Brett reminds us that yoga was always meant to fit easily into our everyday lives. Whether you’re a beginner or a life-long practitioner, Yoga Life is your new go-to for a personal, transformative, joyful at-home practice to strengthen your mind, body, and spirit.
- "Sage and simple, playful and real, Yoga Life gives us permission to source our practice from within while respecting the traditions that offer us such deep peace."—Elena Brower, bestselling author of Practice You, Being You and Softening Time
- "Bringing ancient wisdom to the modern world, Yoga Life is full of tools that will get you closer to your highest self with alignment, ease, and clarity."—Sahara Rose, bestselling author and host of the Highest Self Podcast
- "With clarity and conviction, Larkin translates the medicinal magic of ancient yoga for those who need it most."—James Nestor, bestselling author of Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art
- "Brett has an amazing way of making yoga accessible. This book helps you find a practice that fits the moment you’re in—physically, mentally, and emotionally–in a way that’s doable, even for very busy people."—Kris Carr, New York Times bestselling author, wellness activist & cancer thriver
- "From one of today’s great teachers, this down-to-earth book demystifies yoga by simplifying its basic principles, and helping you find the practice that’s right for you. Great for the busy Mom, the stressed-out executive, the timid-but-yoga-curious, and even the more serious practitioner, who wants a break from the esoteric, but still retain yoga’s profound essence."—Anodea Judith, PhD., author of Wheels of Life; Eastern Body-Western Mind; and Chakra Yoga.
- “Make no mistake, what is hidden behind the pages of this incredibly well-written and practical guide to yoga is the deeper meaning of the word itself: Unity. Brett Larkin acts as a powerful translator of one of the worlds greatest secrets—the universal, human journey from asleep to awake.”—Katie Silcox, founder of The Shakti School and New York Times bestselling author of Glow-Worthy
- "Discover the incredible impact of practicing yoga at home—a true game-changer! Yoga Life is your go-to book, thoughtfully crafted to accompany you on the mat. Under Brett Larkin's expert tutelage, you hold the key to enhancing your life in extraordinary ways."—Cait Stillman, Founder of ClubThrive Global
- On Sale
- Dec 19, 2023
- Page Count
- 304 pages