Formats and Prices
Format:Hardcover $17.99 $23.99 CAD
Only likes quiet time, and they definitely like being alone. All the other birds are too loud and too rough! Only decides to create a peaceful space that's just for them, but when a friend shows up wanting to try some quiet time too, the two birds must figure out a way to be sure no one feels left out.
In this companion title to Neither, Airlie Anderson shows readers that it's okay to sometimes be noisy, to sometimes be quiet, to sometimes be together, and to sometimes be alone—as long as no one is made to feel lonely.
Praise for Neither:
A 2019 Rainbow Book List Selection
- "Anderson (Cat's Colors) tackles exclusion, difference, and identity in a sweet-tempered fable.... Anderson's candy-colored palette and adorable cast of creatures reflect a spectrum of states of being, creating a book that works as a resource for conversations about race, blended identities, gender norms, and more."—Publishers Weekly
- "This stands out for its accessibility to even very young read-aloud audiences. A sweet story of acceptance for all those who are this, that, neither, either, and everything in between."—Kirkus
- "Hits all right notes and is filled with fun, fantastical creatures to boot."—School Library Journal
- "A positive celebration of diversity and how our world is a better place when everyone is included."—The Reading Eagle
"Features key parts of the transgender experience and is perfect for kids in kindergarten through second grade."
- "Cute... This sweet, simple parable could be used as a conversation starter about gender, race, and/or identity with very young children."—School Library Connection
- On Sale
- Feb 6, 2024
- Page Count
- 40 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers