Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $29.99 $37.99 CAD
- ebook $14.99 $19.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around June 20, 2023. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
This hardworking, actionable guide is a must-have for homeowners looking to fight the risks of wildfire spreading to their homes and property.Wildfires are burning over longer seasons and more intensely than ever before, and everyone living in a wildland-urban interface or wildland-adjacent area should take precautionary steps to mitigate the risk of property damage. In Firescaping Your Home, Adrienne Edwards and Rachel Schleiger provide expert guidance and specific recommendations on how to harden your home against fire and create defensible space that is lush and attractive. They also provide in-depth native plant lists of hundreds of species that have evolved to coexist with fire in the West, and show how and why including these on your property sustains wildlife and can actually be your most powerful defense.
- "Ecologists Edwards and Schleiger debut with a solid manual on how California, Oregon, and Washington State residents can make their homes fire resistant and landscape responsibly....West Coast denizens will want to study up."—Publishers Weekly
- “Keys to wildfire protection can be found in Firescaping Your Home…In full-color pages, the authors offer a catalog of hundreds of native plant species…they also discuss how fire behaves and how to think in terms of fire-suppression zones.” —Chico Enterprise Record
- “Edwards and Schleiger give strategies for hardening homes, tips on creating attractive defensible space that is supportive of wildland habitat and includes a catalog of 640 fire-safe plants and resources directories.”—Marin Independent Journal
- “A ‘go-to’ book that can be perused when needed to help you prepare for a wildfire.”—The Spokesman-Review
- On Sale
- Jun 20, 2023
- Page Count
- 264 pages
- Timber Press