Illustrated by Howard McWilliam
Formats and Prices
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around September 28, 2021. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
As Skipper the seal embarks on Navy SEAL training, he and his hardworking friends learn much more than how to pass a swimming test or how to dive off a ship. To be a great SEAL, you also have to take risks, deal with failure, and persevere through tough times—just as you do in life. (And always remember to make your bed!)
In this entertaining children's adaptation of his #1 New York Times bestseller, Admiral William H. McRaven shares life lessons from Navy SEAL training and encourages young readers to become their best selves.
- "Life lessons are learned as Skipper the seal trains to become a Navy SEAL."—The New York Times Bestsellers Children's
- "In this children’s adaptation, McRaven shares life lessons from Navy SEAL training and encourages young readers to become their best selves. As Skipper the seal embarks on Navy SEAL training, he and his hardworking friends learn much more than how to pass a swimming test, including the need to take risks and persevere through tough times."—Publishers Weekly, Fall 2021 Young Readers Editions
- "This new book teaches kids about perseverance and dealing with failure."—CBS This Morning
- "In this picture-book version, Skipper the Seal embarks on Navy SEAL training, where he and his fellow recruits learn perseverance, dealing with failure, and of course, to make their beds. McRaven, a former SEAL and commander of the United States Special Operations Command, said he intended this book to encourage young readers to become their best selves."—Terri Barnes, Stars and Stripes
- On Sale
- Sep 28, 2021
- Page Count
- 48 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers