1. You can’t be a disruptive thinker while trying to negotiate peace settlements with people who want to define you by their description of you.
2. Disruption should be about something bigger than ourselves. That’s the only way we will weather the stormy days and nights.
3. To understand life from the other person’s perspective means that you have to disrupt your norm to have a different experience.
4. We are most productive when we have a whole community of people that galvanize around that disruption and support it.
5. When we become comfortable with disruption and have settled on the other side of the fence, at some point we come upon a discovery: we’re not done yet. We keep encountering new fences we must jump. That’s because life keeps changing.
*A NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER!*
Think differently and find the courage to challenge the status quo with this mindset-shifting guide to meaningful change.
But when change becomes not only desirable but also urgently necessary, this way of being no longer serves us. In fact, in every human endeavor, every major leap forward, has involved a cataclysmic challenge to existing ways of thinking and being. Breakthroughs, by definition, run against the grain and almost always encounter skepticism and opposition.
In this book for leaders, thinkers, doers, and creators, Bishop T.D. Jakes illuminates the pathway to encouraging and unleashing disruptive thinking and provides the wisdom and practical skills we need to evolve our most original and potentially transformational ideas from vision to reality. Through his insight into how our minds and emotions work and through his experiences as a pastor, entrepreneur, and creator, Bishop Jakes leads us into a new way of relating to and transforming the world around us for good. Disruptive Thinking will show you the mindset and the tools you need to create groundbreaking and meaningful change in your own life and in the world around you.
A Study Guide is also available for purchase.