Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
How Do You Fight a Horse-Sized Duck?
Secrets to Succeeding at Interview Mind Games and Getting the Job You Want
Formats and Prices
- ebook $14.99 $19.99 CAD
- Hardcover $28.00 $35.00 CAD
- Trade Paperback $18.99 $23.99 CAD
- Trade Paperback $17.99
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around June 8, 2021. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Each year about 28 million Americans begin a search for a new job. Many more live in the age of the permanent job search, their online profiles eternally awaiting a better offer. Job seekers are more mobile and better informed than ever, aspiring to work for employers offering an appealing culture, a robust menu of perks, and opportunities for personal fulfillment and advancement. The result is that millions of applications stream to the handful of companies that regularly top listings of the best companies to work for: Apple, Netflix, Amazon, Alphabet, Disney, SpaceX, Oracle, Pricewaterhouse-Coopers, and others. Tesla has received as many as 200 applications for each open position. How do selective employers choose which people to hire? It’s through interviews asking uniquely demanding questions testing imagination, persistence, and creativity, like:
- Can an astronaut throw a baseball so it hits Earth?
- If you had $2,000, how would you double it in 24 hours?
- How is a milk carton like a plane seat?
- Chicken McNuggets come in boxes of 6, 9, and 20. What’s the largest number of McNuggets that McDonald’s can’t sell you?
- How many dogs in the world have the exact same number of hairs?
- On Sale
- Jun 8, 2021
- Page Count
- 320 pages
- Little Brown Spark