Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
How Curiosity Can Transform Your Life and Change the World
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $30.00 $39.00 CAD
- ebook $14.99 $19.99 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
Also available from:
“Scott Shigeoka is one of the world’s leading voices on bridging differences. In our lonely, polarized world, Seek couldn’t come at a better time.” —Adam Smiley Poswolsky, bestselling author of The Quarter Life Breakthrough and Friendship in the Age of Loneliness
Did you know that curiosity is your superpower? Though we often think of being curious as a personality trait, it’s actually the foundation of our capacity for connection, growth, and healing. And at a moment when tensions over race, religion, age, gender identity, rights, economic status, and more have fractured our lives and relationships, curiosity is our most potent antidote.
In this practical manifesto, Shigeoka takes readers on a four-phase journey to deep curiosity, showing us how to strengthen this fundamental human skill through his DIVE model—Detach, Intend, Value, Embrace—and build the courage to be transformed by the people, places, and experiences we encounter.
Through more than fifteen actionable tools, readers will enhance their capacity to:
- Detach — Let go of your ABCs (Assumptions, Biases, Certainty)
- Intend — Prepare your mindset and environment
- Value — See the dignity of every person—including yourself!
- Embrace — Welcome the hard times in life as a catalyst for connection and transformation
“In this mind opening treatment of what we know about curiosity, Shigeoka blends stories, science, and the wisdom of lived experience to move us to seek what is mysterious in life, and grow in that adventure.” — Dacher Keltner, Professor of Psychology at UC Berkeley and bestselling author of Awe: The New Science of Everyday Wonder and How it Can Transform Your Life
- "Within the large subject of happiness, curiosity is such an energizing, creative, and exciting topic to explore. Scott Keoni Shigeoka is the perfect person to tackle this subject, and I can’t wait to read this book."—Gretchen Rubin, New York Times bestselling author of The Happiness Project and The Four Tendencies
- "Grounded in science and stories, Scott Shigeoka's exploration of curiosity is full of energy and wisdom. I have no doubt his methodology will offer a path of healing for many."—Jud Brewer MD PhD, New York Times bestselling author of Unwinding Anxiety and director of research and innovation at Brown University’s Mindfulness Center
- "We've been hiding from each other for far too long. Scott's book offers us an empathic, practical and heartfelt road map forward."—Seth Godin, author of The Song of Significance
- "Scott Shigeoka is one of the world’s leading voices on bridging differences. In our lonely, polarized world, Seek couldn’t come at a better time."—Adam Smiley Poswolsky, bestselling author of The Quarter-Life Breakthrough and Friendship in the Age of Loneliness
- "Few attributes are as vital to leadership, flourishing and success as curiosity. Through wit, wisdom, and science, Scott Shigeoka provides a practical guide to master the art and skill of this essential human attribute."—Ethan Kross PhD, bestselling author of Chatter and director of the Self-Control and Emotion Laboratory at the University of Michigan
- "Scott Shigeoka's exploration into the nature of curiosity and how opening our hearts and minds to the unknown can transform our experience is sure to capture the interest of many readers." —Kristen Neff, PhD, bestselling author of Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind To Yourself
- “We are all hungering for more curiosity, and there is no more illuminating guide to our quest for what inspires than Scott Shigeoka. In this mind opening treatment of what we know about curiosity, Shigeoka blends stories, science, and the wisdom of lived experience to move us to seek what is mysterious in life, and grow in that adventure.”—Dacher Keltner, Professor of Psychology at UC Berkeley and author of Awe: The New Science of Everyday Wonder and How it Can Transform Your Life
- On Sale
- Nov 14, 2023
- Page Count
- 256 pages