Formats and Prices
Format:Trade Paperback $19.95 $25.95 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around September 1, 2004. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Reminiscent of the classic Whole Earth Catalog, Country Wisdom & Know-How is the most complete volume on every aspect of country and self-sustained living-from home and garden to barn and beyond.
Compiled from the information in Storey Publishing’s landmark series of “Country Wisdom Bulletins,” this comprehensive collection offers step-by-step instructions on nearly 200 individual topics, providing everything you need to know about sustainability, self-sufficiency, homesteading, and DIY living. Topics include:
- Animals: attracting backyard birds; building bathouses and birdfeeders; training and caring for cats and dogs; raising rabbits, ducks, and game birds; buying and selling horses; building chicken coops; beginning beekeeping; butchering livestock
- Cooking: recipes for all seasons; the basics of bread baking; making cheese, butter, and yogurt; cooking game; preserving and pickling; homebrew equipment and making homemade wine
- Crafts: stenciling, quilting, and basket-weaving; making wreaths, potpourri, and natural soaps; homemade gifts and decorations
- Gardening: starting your garden; caring for flowers and shrubs; controlling weeds; landscaping; growing vegetables, root crops, fruits, berries, kitchen herbs, and more
- Health and Wellbeing: natural home remedies; herbs for lifelong health; essential oils and aromatherapy; teas and recipes for a healthy diet
- Home: simple home repairs; building furniture; restoring hardwood floors; making curtains; building fences, root cellars, and smokehouses
- And much more!
- On Sale
- Sep 1, 2004
- Page Count
- 488 pages
- Black Dog & Leventhal