By Minh Lê
Illustrated by Dan Santat
Cover design or artwork by Dan Santat
Formats and Prices
- ebook $10.99 $13.99 CAD
- Hardcover $18.99 $23.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around June 4, 2018. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
When a young boy visits his grandfather, their lack of a common language leads to confusion, frustration, and silence. But as they sit down to draw together, something magical happens — with a shared love of art and storytelling, the two form a bond that goes beyond words.
With spare text by Minh Lê and luminous illustrations by Caldecott Medalist Dan Santat, this stirring story about reaching across barriers will be cherished for years to come.
“A beautifully told and illustrated story about a grandson and grandfather struggling to communicate across divides of language, age and culture.” — Viet Thanh Nguyen, Pulitzer Prize winner
"A beautifully told and illustrated story about a grandson and grandfather struggling to communicate across divides of language, age, and culture."Viet Thanh Nguyen, Pulitzer Prize winner for The Sympathizer
* "[A] visual language that speaks profoundly to readers."Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books, starred review
* "Drawn Together is a testament to the strength of a shared love to overcome barriers of age, language and culture, and will leave readers, like Grandpa and his grandson, 'happily . . . SPEECHLESS.'"Shelf Awareness, starred review
* "Focus on an underrepresented culture; highly accessible emotions; concise, strong storytelling; and artistic magnificence make this a must have."Booklist, starred review
* "Phantasmagoric."Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "The power of art takes center stage."Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "[P]erfectly paced to express universal emotions that connect generations separated by time, experience, and even language."School Library Journal, starred review
PRAISE FOR BECAUSE I'M YOUR DADKirkus Reviews
"Warm moments abound. . . . [I]t overflows with genuine fatherly affection."
PRAISE FOR BECAUSE I'M YOUR DADPublishers Weekly
"[A]n entertaining balance between sweet and goofy, protective and raucous."
PRAISE FOR BECAUSE I'M YOUR DADSchool Library Journal
PRAISE FOR LET ME FINISH!School Library Journal
"A fun storytime selection for audiences with a good sense of humor."
PRAISE FOR LET ME FINISH!School Library Connection
"[S]ure to generate reader anticipation."
PRAISE FOR LET ME FINISH!
NPR Best Books of 2016
PRAISE FOR THE COOKIE FIASCOSchool Library Journal
"[B]e prepared for this one to fly off the shelves."
APALA Asian/Pacific American Award for Literature Winner
"Dynamic."The Wall Street Journal
- On Sale
- Jun 4, 2018
- Page Count
- 40 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers