Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Zoe's Ghana Kitchen
An Introduction to New African Cuisine – From Ghana With Love
By Zoe Adjonyoh
Formats and Prices
- ebook $15.99 $20.99 CAD
- Hardcover $30.00 $38.00 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around October 19, 2021. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Remix classic Ghanaian dishes for the modern kitchen in a cookbook that is "bright, bold, and bursting with flavor" (Bryant Terry) and “provides a new perspective and a sense of wonder for Ghanaian cooking” (Sicily Sierra)
Celebrated cook and writer Zoe Adjonyoh passionately believes we are on the cusp of an African food revolution. First published to widespread acclaim in the United Kingdom, Zoe’s Ghana Kitchen began as a pop-up restaurant in London featuring dishes such as Pan-Roasted Cod with Grains of Paradise, Nkruma (Okra) Tempura, Cubeb-Spiced Shortbread, and Coconut and Cassava Cake. Soon those dishes evolved into this tempting and celebratory cookbook, newly revised and updated for American cooks.
Join Zoe as she shares the beauty of Ghana’s markets, culture, and cuisine, and tells the evocative story of using these tastes and food traditions to navigate her own identity. Whether you are familiar with the delights of Ghanaian cuisine or new to the bold flavors of West Africa, this book contains inspiration for extraordinary home cooking, in dishes such as:
- Simple Fried Plantains
- Red Red Stew
- Red Snapper and Yam Croquettes
- Bofrot Doughnuts
- Nkatsenkwan (Peanut Butter Stew with Lamb)
- Jollof Fried Chicken
- Ghana-fied Caesar Salad
- and more
With flexible recipes for hearty salads, quick and wholesome dinners, flavorful feasts, and much more, Zoe’s Ghana Kitchen brings truly exciting and flavor-packed dishes into your kitchen. This is contemporary African food for simply everyone.
- "The perfect companion for home cooks eager to get to know bright, flavorful dishes like Jollof Fried Chicken, Peanut Butter Stew with Lamb (Nkatsenkwan) and even her "Ghana-fied" Caesar Salad."—Mary-Frances Heck, Senior Food Editor, Food & Wine
- "Adjonyoh celebrates the march into an African food revolution with easy to follow recipes."—Essence
- "A book for busy home cooks..."—Food52
- “…an opportunity to revisit Ghanaian cuisine with more confidence, and knowledge of food, flavour and the process of cooking.”—The National Post
- "a love letter to Ghana that will show you how wonderfully versatile West African flavors can be."—Bookriot
- "Not only is this book full of mouthwatering recipes, it also features beautiful, colorful photos that make it equally interesting as a coffee table book to browse for the images alone. Buy this for the person on your list who would appreciate a cookbook that doubles as a piece of art!"—Autostraddle.com
- On Sale
- Oct 19, 2021
- Page Count
- 256 pages