Formats and Prices
Format:Hardcover $18.99 $23.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around October 3, 2023. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
This deliciously humorous picture book follows one young knight on a quest to overcome his fear of the dark to find a midnight snack.
Sir Julian has a BIG problem. It’s bedtime, but he’s starving!
Desperate for a snack to tame the hungry, grumbly beast in his stomach, he sets out on a quest to the kitchen.
But there are frightening unknowns lurking around every corner. Can he summon the courage to brave the dark and stop his rumbling tummy?
DON’T MISS more from Valeria Wicker:
The Ugly Doodles
- “Clever narration with puns, onomatopoeia, and alliteration support Sir Julian’s imagined self as a brave and noble knight …. Share this with adventurous picky eaters to help conquer their fears and feel victorious on a full tummy.”—BCCB
- “Wicker turns the hero’s journey on its side and tickles it.”—Publishers Weekly
- “Digital art effectively depicts Sir Julian’s wide range of emotions, from trepidation to terror to triumph … kids will enjoy comic nods like the overly dramatic depiction of the unfamiliar—and therefore—monstrous dinner.”—Kirkus
- Praise for The Ugly Doodles:
- "A hilarious ode to first attempts and revision results for every artist, writer, and maker."—Ame Dyckman, New York Times bestselling author
- On Sale
- Oct 3, 2023
- Page Count
- 40 pages
- JIMMY Patterson Books