By Peter Brown
Formats and Prices
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around April 5, 2016. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Can a robot survive in the wilderness?
When robot Roz opens her eyes for the first time, she discovers that she is all alone on a remote, wild island. She has no idea how she got there or what her purpose is–but she knows she needs to survive. After battling a violent storm and escaping a vicious bear attack, she realizes that her only hope for survival is to adapt to her surroundings and learn from the island's unwelcoming animal inhabitants.
As Roz slowly befriends the animals, the island starts to feel like home–until, one day, the robot's mysterious past comes back to haunt her.
From bestselling and award-winning author and illustrator Peter Brown comes a heartwarming and action-packed novel about what happens when nature and technology collide.
Praise for The Wild Robot:
A New York Times BestsellerAn Entertainment Weekly Best Middle Grade Book of the YearAn Amazon Best Book of the Year Top PickAn IndieBound BestsellerALA Notable Book for ChildrenNew York Public Library Best Books for Kids PickKirkus Best Children's of the Year PickSchool Library Journal Best of the Year PickBank Street College of Education 2017 Best Children's Book of the Year2018 Sunshine State Young Readers Award List Pick
"Brown has written a lively tale that is sure to engage young readers."The New York Times
"Roz may not feel emotions, but young readers certainly will as this tender, captivating tale unfolds."The Washington Post
* "[Peter] Brown's picture books are consistent bestsellers and critically acclaimed. Expect readers to go wild for his robot-themed novel."Booklist, starred review
* "While the end to Roz's benign and wildlife is startling and violent, Brown leaves Roz and her companions--and readers--with hope. Thought-provoking and charming."Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "This strong debut middle grade novel by the acclaimed picture book author/illustrator is a first purchase for most middle grade collections."School Library Journal, starred review
* "Brown's middle-grade debut, an uplifting story about an unexpected visitor whose arrival disrupts the animal inhabitants of a rocky island, has a contemporary twist...Brown wisely eschews a happy ending in favor of an open-ended one that supports the tone of a story that's simultaneously unsentimental and saturated with feeling."Publishers Weekly, starred review
"Roz is not easy to forget."The Horn Book
- On Sale
- Apr 5, 2016
- Page Count
- 288 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers