Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $15.99 $20.99 CAD
- ebook (Digital original) $8.33 $12.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around October 4, 2016. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Here is a hilarious (and heartfelt) reminder of how technology can take us backward…all the way to the times of prehistoric man! Tek is a cave boy in love with tech: his tablet, videogames, phone, and TV keep him deep in his cave, glued to his devices, day in and day out. He never sees his friends or family anymore–and his ability to communicate has devolved to just one word: “UGH!” Can anyone in the village convince Tek to unplug and come outside into the big, beautiful world?
A distinctive, digitally-inspired package and design cleverly evokes the experience of using an electronic device that eventually shuts down…and after a magic page turn, Tek reconnects with the real world.
Praise for Tek:
*"McDonnell (Thank You and Goodnight) plays fast and loose with the historical record in this playful cautionary tale...ever-cute creatures deliver the story's tech-addiction message with a grin, and clever references abound."
—Publishers Weekly, starred review
"McDonnell blends the prehistoric with the present to send a clever reminder to young readers that beyond their electronic realm there is a world waiting to be explored.... Good, snarky fun for parents and kids."
"The style and whimsy of the images are...charming."
—School Library Journal
"Fun and lively."
—The New York Times Book Review
Praise for Thank You and Good Night:A Publishers Weekly Best Picture Book of 2015A BCCB Best Children's Book of 2015*"This picture book's satisfyingly soft illustrations...feel just right for its plush language and darling characters and content....Small listeners will nestle deep under their covers feeling thankful for tender books that make bedtime a pleasure."—Kirkus Reviews, starred review
- *"The book's simplicity, gentle rhythms, and easy patterns make it perfect for bedtime reading....Youngsters who love their stuffed animals will particularly latch onto this, and parents who want to promote nocturnal tranquility (or those with their own fond memories of Pooh Bear) will appreciate this little gem as well."—BCCB, starred review
- *"A book that readers of all ages will be thankful for."—Publishers Weekly, starred review
- *"This delightful bedtime story extols the virtues of friendship and of being grateful for simple pleasures."—School Library Journal, starred review
- On Sale
- Oct 4, 2016
- Page Count
- 40 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers