Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $12.99 $16.99 CAD
- Mass Market $7.99 $10.49 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around June 26, 2018. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Grace hasn’t been the same since the death of her best friend Charlie. She is haunted by Charlie’s last words, and in a bid for answers, opens an old memory box of Charlie’s. It soon becomes clear there was a lot she didn’t know about her best friend.
When Grace starts a campaign to find Charlie’s father, Anna, a girl claiming to be Charlie’s sister steps forward. For Grace, finding Anna is like finding a new family, and soon Anna has made herself very comfortable in Grace and boyfriend Dan’s home.
But something isn’t right. Things disappear, Dan’s acting strangely and Grace is sure that someone is following her. Is it all in Grace’s mind? Or as she gets closer to discovering the truth about both Charlie and Anna, is Grace in terrible danger?
There was nothing she could have done to save Charlie… or was there?
- "Dark, twisty, and irresistible-I simply could not put this book down. Captivating characters and an intense emotional ride make for an absolutely gripping page-turner!"—Sara Blaedel, #1 internationally bestselling author of The Forgotten Girls
- "I was gripped to The Sister from the first page until the very end. I thought I had it all worked out until I was proven sooo wrong."—Robert Bryndza, #1 Wall Street Journal bestselling author of The Girl in the Ice
- "Everyone, dead and alive, has dark secrets in this story, and Grace's determination to discover the truth about Anna's connection to Charlie just might get her killed. This thriller's compelling characters and explosive climax combine for great vacation reading, especially for fans of Lisa Scottoline's After Anna."—Booklist
- "Grief's lingering residue and the need to keep connections with the deceased make an emotional and gripping foundation for British author Jensen's first novel....Surprising twists, strong characters, and a fresh look at gaslighting elevate this psychological thriller."—Publishers Weekly
- "Just as I thought the story was wrapping up BANG! I was hit again with another twist. Brilliant! It is chilling and sinister and yet heart-breaking and tragic, and I felt really emotional on finishing it ... I can't wait to read more by Louise."—Bloomin Brilliant Books
- "OMG I love this ... one corker of a psychological thriller which which ticked all the boxes for me giving it an easy 5 stars."—Chelle's Book Reviews
- "I could not put this book down. I neglected all the house work and put off cooking dinner until I was finished ... I loved every page."—Renee Reads
- "My eyes were racing down the pages ... had me guessing right up to the very end and I had tears in my eyes as I relived Charlie's last moments ... exceptional ... It's an addictive page-turner that begs time and again for just one more chapter until the whole book has been devoured and thoroughly enjoyed."—The Book Magnet
- "As the skillfully woven web of lies and deceit starts to untangle the author throws in a massive twist that I certainly didn't see coming... a definite must read for all psychological thriller fans and it's one of those books that deserves to be talked about."—The Hazardous Hippo
- "Wow! What an amazing debut novel! Full of intense twists! Fantastic book to start off summer reading! Highly recommend."—Loud and Proud Book Junkie (5 STARS)
- "I loved this book, it grabbed me right from the beginning."—Beady Jans Books
- "I genuinely struggled to put this book down... I can't recommend this book enough, it's made it to my favourites... I can't wait for more books to come from Louise Jensen... A well-deserved five stars from me."—Emporio Epidemic (5 STARS)
- "I couldn't put [it] down until I had answers!!... I wasn't sure which characters to trust and which to not trust... a 5 star book that would make a fantastic summer read!"—Steph and Chris Book Review
- "One of those books that you can't stop thinking about even when you're not reading it!!... the tension never seems to drop for one second!... an absolute treat, albeit a scary one, to read!! Highly recommended!"—Books and Me!
- "Hooked from the first page till the end... A gripping tale for fans of I Let You Go and The Girl on the Train. A must read."—Berlitz Chile
- "I was left gaping... You cannot help but speed read through this novel. You have to know what happens."—Aloha Reviews
- "I was hooked on the story from the word go."—Hollie in Wanderlust
- On Sale
- Jun 26, 2018
- Page Count
- 368 pages
- Grand Central Publishing