Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Leading and Loving It
Encouragement for Pastors' Wives and Women in Leadership
By Lori Wilhite
By Brandi Wilson
Foreword by Kay Warren
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $16.99 $22.99 CAD
- ebook $9.99 $12.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around August 6, 2013. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Everyone has an image in their mind of what they think a pastor’s wife should be. The trouble with this picture is that it has never been and never will be accurate. Ministry wives and female ministry leaders face the same real-life struggles as their church members, but have the added stress of sharing in everyone’s burdens as well. They are held to impossible standards by those they serve, and the more this ideal of women in leadership is expected, the more we turn up the intensity in the pressure cooker that is life in ministry.
In Leading and Loving It, Lori Wilhite and Brandi Wilson offer a support system to help women make connections to get the encouragement that sustains them and become equipped for the ministry God has called them to pursue. They give readers tools for understanding that external pressures and expectations are only important if they fall in line with what God intends for your life and ministry and they give answers for how to deal with criticism, isolation, finding your personal calling, and what happens when you reach a place of burn-out, and more.
- "LEADING AND LOVING IT, the book, is here! Prepare your heart and mind to receive great tools of wisdom, real laughter, and life-giving encouragement. Lori and Brandi are truly amazing servant leaders who have followed God's path for them to connect and encourage women in ministry across the country! They've used great innovative methods in order to engage with and minister to other leaders. I'm personally very thankful for Leading and Loving It as it continues to fill a need and build up today's women who serve Jesus and His Church."—Amy Groeschel, Women's Ministry Leader, LifeChurch.tv
- "My friends, Lori Wilhite and Brandi Wilson have crafted a book that is real and relevant. As a pastor's wife, I know the joys and struggles of ministry. LEADING AND LOVING IT is an amazing resource that will challenge you, guide you, and encourage you on your journey in ministry."—Holly Furtick, wife of Pastor Steven Furtick of Elevation Church
- "As someone who's been involved with ministry for over twenty-five years, I can honestly say that pastor's wives are the lifeblood of the Church. This resource will help women along the way who are struggling in the journey or need encouragement in their current season. I'm so proud of Lori and Brandi for their courage, passion, and heart for leaders in ministry!"—Christine Caine, director of Equip&Empower Ministries and founder of The A21 Campaign
- "If ever there were two leaders that can speak truth, life, love, and encouragement into the hearts of pastor's wives and women in leadership, it's Lori and Brandi. Their gut honest stories make them authentic. Their struggles make them trustworthy. Their wisdom makes them a must-read. Hands down if you buy a ministry leadership book this year, it should be LEADING AND LOVING IT."—Lysa Terkeurst, New York Times bestselling author of Made to Crave and Unglued
- "Few things in life are as rewarding as leading in ministry, though, it's also one of the most challenging things we can do. Great leaders understand how to navigate the challenges and discover the rewarding experiences God has on the other side. In LEADING AND LOVING IT, my friends Lori Wilhite and Brandi Wilson confront the challenges that all leaders face. They don't hold back, but instead allow us the opportunity to embrace - and overcome - these challenges. No matter where you lead, this book will help you experience more than the calling to lead; you'll discover the joy of fulfilling what God has empowered you to do!"—Lisa Young, founder of the women's ministry, Flavour, and wife of Ed Young, senior pastor of Fellowship Church
- "In LEADING AND LOVING IT, Brandi and Lori provide honest insight into ten key factors unique to ministry life for women with refreshing authenticity, scriptural truths, and personal stories. As pastor's wives and women in ministry, you need to shatter your façade, come off the ministry pedestal, and open the deepest parts of your heart with Brandi and Lori so that you can live in Christ's freedom to be the best you that God uniquely created only you to be so that you absolutely can be leading and (truly) loving it!"—Lucretia Noble, wife of Perry Noble, senior pastor of Newspring Church
- "This book is filled with truth that will set you FREE! Lori and Brandi have a unique gift in which they are able to reveal real life confessions with candor and discuss Christ's response to our challenges in ministry, all while encouraging us and making us laugh at the same time! This is a must-read for every woman in ministry who has ever thought she was alone on this journey!"—Tara Jenkins, Ed.D., founder of Ministry Mates, Ltd. and Senior Pastor's wife of Fellowship Chicago
- "This book is a must read for every woman in leadership. Their authenticity will draw you in, and their stories will keep you there. There are revelations to be discovered in every chapter. This is a book to savor and a book to share with those in your leadership circle."—Lora Batterson, wife of Mark Batterson, lead pastor of National Community Church
- On Sale
- Aug 6, 2013
- Page Count
- 240 pages