Illustrated by Seth
Formats and Prices
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around September 2, 2014. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
I should have asked the question “How could someone who was missing be in two places at once?” Instead, I asked the wrong question — four wrong questions, more or less. This is the account of the second.
In the fading town of Stain’d-by-the-Sea, young apprentice Lemony Snicket has a new case to solve when he and his chaperone are hired to find a missing girl. Is the girl a runaway? Or was she kidnapped? Was she seen last at the grocery store? Or could she have stopped at the diner? Is it really any of your business? These are All The Wrong Questions.
- "The author's trademark wit and talent for sustaining suspense make this fast-paced, noir mystery a fun choice for kids who enjoy a good whodunit."—School Library Journal
- "Reading this second adventure is like playing a combination of Clue and a children's literature version of Trivial Pursuit."—The Horn Book
- "Chock-full of linguistic play and literary allusions to children's and classic literature, this is adventure mystery for young readers who like to think as they read."—Kirkus
- "Snicket introduces a sometimes charming, more often alarming cast of characters-all whom keep pages turning."—Booklist
- On Sale
- Sep 2, 2014
- Page Count
- 304 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers