By Kate Spencer
Read by Kate Spencer
Formats and Prices
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around November 21, 2017. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
An empathetic read, The Dead Moms Club covers how losing her mother changed nearly everything in her life: both men and women readers who have lost parents or experienced grief of this magnitude will be comforted and consoled. Spencer even concludes each chapter with a cheeky but useful tip for readers (like the “It’s None of Your Business Card” to copy and hand out to nosy strangers asking about your passed loved one).
- "Kate Spencer is the BFF I wish I had when my mother died. I had dear friends, mind you. Just not the kind who'd also been rocked by grief and could make me laugh-until-I-cried about it. Well done!"—Allison Gilbert, author of Passed and Present: Keeping Memories of Loved Ones Alive, Parentless Parents: How the Loss of Our Mothers and Fathers Impacts the Way We Raise Our Children, and Always Too Soon: Voices of Support for Those Who Have Lost Both Parents
- "The most tragic things are also the ones we most need to laugh about. Thankfully Kate Spencer is here to lead us to those laughs with grace and charm."—Chris Gethard, author of A Bad Idea I'm About to Do
- "This is the perfect 'how to' book for the unimaginable, and Kate is the dearest friend you could want beside you the whole way. She will become your new cheerleader."—Casey Wilson
- "This book destroyed me. But not in a 'It made me so depressed!' kind of way. It destroyed me because it was just so deeply relatable. It made me remember my own mother, and made me wish I had met Kate's. I spent the entire book not only laughing and crying, but just so pissed Kate's mom couldn't read it herself. She would be so proud. It's incredible."—Chris Kelly
- "Although her memoir is a raw and moving account of a daughter's loss, Spencer's comedic wit prevails."—Booklist
- "Improbably-and irresistibly-funny"—People
- "Heartbreaking and hilarious."—BUST.com
- On Sale
- Nov 21, 2017
- Hachette Audio