Illustrated by R. Gregory Christie
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $18.99 $23.99 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around December 7, 2021. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Before Garrett Morgan became a successful inventor and saved countless lives with his creations, he was a little boy with a head full of ideas on how to make life better for everyone.
At a tumultuous time filled with racism and discrimination, Garrett became a prominent business man and skilled inventor who produced the traffic signal, a gas mask, and others objects still used today.
This second book from the award-winning children's film series founded by Karyn Parsons, Sweet Blackberry, comes a little-known story about a man whose talent would be a gift to the world.
* “The story of Morgan’s accomplishments is entertaining and informative. A fine contribution to African American creative nonfiction for young readers.”—Kirkus Reviews
Praise for Flying Free: How Bessie Coleman's Dreams Took Flight:—School Library Journal
“A nice biography of a trailblazer who broke a glass ceiling in aviation for women, and for people of color.”
“[R. Gregory] Christie’s stylized illustrations bring life to Coleman’s trailblazing achievements.”—Publishers Weekly
- "[A] worthy introduction."—Booklist
- On Sale
- Dec 7, 2021
- Page Count
- 48 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers