Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Read by Molly Parker Myers
Formats and Prices
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
- ebook $11.99 $14.99 CAD
- Trade Paperback $16.99 $22.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around May 5, 2020. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Ruth Cooperman arrives in beautiful beachside Provincetown for her retirement, renting the perfect waterfront cottage while she searches for her forever home. After years of hard work and making peace with life's compromises, Ruth is looking forward to a carefree summer of solitude. But when she finds a baby girl abandoned on her doorstep, Ruth turns to her new neighbors for help and is drawn into the drama of the close-knit community.
The appearance of the mystery baby has an emotional ripple effect through the women in town, including Amelia Cabral, the matriarch who lost her own child decades earlier; Elise Douglas, owner of the tea shop who gave up her dream of becoming a mother; and teenage local Jaci Barros who feels trapped by her parents' expectations. Ruth, caring for a baby for the first time in thirty years, even reaches out to her own estranged daughter, Olivia, summoning her to Provincetown in hopes of a reconciliation.
As summer unfolds and friends and family care for the infant, alliances are made, relationships are tested, and secrets are uncovered. But the unconditional love for a child in need just might bring Ruth and the women of Provincetown exactly what they have been longing for themselves.
With heartfelt storytelling, Summer Longing is Jamie Brenner's eagerly anticipated return to Provincetown; another unforgettable tale about motherhood, friendship, and finding your way home.
"Welcome to the gold standard of summertime escapism."
—Elin Hilderbrand, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Summer of '69
- "Brenner's novel about a retiree's second act in Provincetown is a delightful escape wherever you are."—People magazine
- "A baby left on a doorstep begins Summer Longing, and the mystery pulls us along by the heartstrings to find out what happens to the endearing, maddening, fascinating families in a dreamy coastal town."—Nancy Thayer, best-selling author of Girls Of Summer
- "Jamie Brenner's latest glittering read is her best summer book yet, a combination of page-turning plot and heartfelt human connection that will stay with readers long after the last sunset of the season. With Summer Longing, Jamie Brenner draws a world of hope and second chances that will leave readers wondering, with newfound optimism, what the next chapter might hold for their own lives."—Kristy Woodson Harvey, author of Slightly South of Simple
- "Fans of Elin Hilderbrand, beaches, summer, and family are sure to enjoy this perfect-for-your-vacation read."—Booklist
- "This touching, nuanced summer yarn delivers the goods."—Publisher's Weekly
- "Summer Longing is Jamie Brenner at her best: an emotionally honest story about motherhood, friendship, and belonging."—PopSugar.com
- "Lots of summer sun warms this light, charming beach read."—Kirkus Reviews
- On Sale
- May 5, 2020
- Hachette Audio