Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Before She Finds Me
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $28.00 $35.00 CAD
- ebook $14.99 $19.99 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
Also available from:
Julia Bennett has worked hard to create a stable life for her daughter, Cora, in Southern California. So when Cora leaves for college, the worst thing Julia expects on move-in day is an argument with her ex-husband and his new wife. But a sudden attack leaves the campus stunned—and only Julia’s quick actions save Cora’s life. Shaken in the aftermath, and haunted by a dark secret, Julia starts to wonder: What if the attack wasn’t as random as everyone believes?
Newly pregnant Ren Petrovic has an unusual career—she’s a trained assassin, operating under a strict moral code. Ren wasn’t on campus that day, but she knows who was: her husband, Nolan. What she doesn’t know is why Nolan has broken their rules by not telling her about the job in advance. The more Ren looks into the attack, the more she begins to question: Who really hired Nolan? And why did one woman in the crowd respond so differently from all the rest?
Julia and Ren each want answers, but their searches quickly pit them against each other. One woman is a hired killer, but the other is a determined survivor. And both mothers will defend their families to the bitter end.
- “With characters that leap off the page with their flawed humanity, Heather Chavez crafts a story that is both timely and emotional. Before She Finds Me is sure to be the next big summer thriller.”—Julie Clark, New York Times bestselling author of The Last Flight and The Lies I Tell
- "Slick, smart, layered and full of surprises, Before She Finds Me will have you hooked on page one and guessing as you breathlessly turn the pages. With her complex female characters and expert plotting, Chavez takes her readers on a wild, unpredictable ride. So grab this book and buckle up!”—Lisa Unger, New York Times bestselling author of Secluded Cabin Sleeps Six
- "With breathless pacing and complex female leads, Before She Finds Me is a page-turning and action-packed thriller that asks the question, how far would you go to protect your family? Chavez is at the top of her game."—Jeneva Rose, USA Today bestselling author of The Perfect Marriage
- “From the very first page, Chavez jettisons the reader into a web of intrigue, lies, and murder. Fast-paced and hard-edged, Before She Finds Me is a whip-smart, heart-stopping thriller that will have you flying through the pages and guessing to the very end.”—Heather Gudenkauf, New York Times bestselling author of The Overnight Guest
- “Chavez plays with thriller conventions . . . an intense, high-stakes thriller that also explores what it means to be a family and the lengths to which one will go in order to keep that dynamic safe. Fans of suburban thrillers or of Lisa Unger and Alex Finlay will want to read this one.”—Library Journal (starred review)
- "Well paced, often gripping, and builds with expert tension."—Kirkus Reviews
- "Before She Finds Me has characters you love, yet don't trust. Page by page, the dual points of view unfold to reveal one secret after the next, taking you on a whirlwind ride of good versus evil until the lines blur. Chavez delivers a gripping five star read to the last pages when you question everything you thought you knew. A true thriller by all definitions."—Jaime Lynn Hendricks, bestselling author of Finding Tessa and It Could Be Anyone
- "Perfect plotting and propulsive action, along with a cast of complex female characters, make Before She Finds Me irresistible!”—Wendy Walker, bestselling author of Don’t Look for Me
- Praise for the novels of Heather Chavez
- “Sensational – compelling, hypnotic, full of suspense and quiet menace. Don’t miss it!”—Lee Child, on No Bad Deed
- “The kind of twisty, jet-fuelled thriller that explodes on page one and has you happily abandoning work, sleep, life as you race to the stunning end!”—Lisa Gardner, on No Bad Deed
- On Sale
- Jun 27, 2023
- Page Count
- 352 pages
- Mulholland Books