Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Your Future Self
How to Make Tomorrow Better Today
Formats and Prices
- ebook $14.99 $19.99 CAD
- Hardcover $29.00 $37.00 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
Also available from:
We've all had the desire to travel through time and see what our lives will be like later in life. But while we want the best possible future for ourselves, we often fail to make decisions that would truly make that version of the future a reality:
- Why do we choose steak over vegetables at dinner, waving off concerns about high cholesterol?
- Why do we splurge on luxury cars rather than save for retirement?
- Why can’t we stick to our exercise programs?
- Why are so many of us so disconnected from our future selves?
- “A timely idea from one of today's leading behavioral scientists. Your Future Self delivers on its promise, showing you how and why mental time travel makes your tomorrow better today! What's more, this book is both personal and thoroughly grounded in the latest research, much of which Hershfield has pioneered himself.”—Angela Duckworth, New York Times bestselling author of Grit
- “Hershfield’s entertaining and powerful book tells us how thinking about the future can change our behavior in the present—and help us grow into the people we eventually want to be.”—Carol Dweck, New York Times bestselling author of Mindset
- “Who doesn’t want to grow? To have a better future? Fascinating and illuminating, Your Future Self shows us how to get there. It’s certain to shift the ways we live—right now and beyond.”—Jonah Berger, New York Times bestselling author of Contagious, Invisible Influence, and The Catalyst
- “As a pioneering psychologist, Hal Hershfield’s research has changed how I think about the future, and he’s about to do the same for you. His book offers a fascinating window into who you might become tomorrow—and how you can have more say in that evolution today. Your future self will be grateful that you read it.”—Adam Grant, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Think Again and host of the TED podcast Re:Thinking
- "A fascinating, profound, and immediately practical guide to shaping your life to come, while living more richly in the moment. I fully expect future versions of myself to thank me for reading it."—Oliver Burkeman, New York Times bestselling author of Four Thousand Weeks
- “An encouraging, practical guide for decision-making.”—Kirkus Reviews
- “When you get to the last page of this fascinating book, your future self will thank you for having started it. An insightful and delightful examination of the strange journey we all make through time. Don’t leave the present without it!”—Daniel Gilbert, New York Times bestselling author of Stumbling on Happiness
- "Your Future Self is at once mind-boggling and soul-stirring. Hal Hershfield makes complex science come alive — while also delivering practical tips to close the gap between who we are today and who we can become tomorrow. This is the rare book that will change whom you see in the mirror.”—Daniel H. Pink, #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Power of Regret
- “Humans are funny creatures. We know what we need to do to take care of our future selves—eat less, save more, floss—and yet we fail to do them consistently. Hal Hershfield offers an entertaining guide to getting out of our own way that's rooted in science but full of practical ways to change.”—Jean Chatzky, author of Women with Money and CEO of HerMoney.com
- “Immensely insightful and remarkably engaging, Your Future Self is sure to change the current and future lives of many for the better.”—Francesca Gino, author of Rebel Talent
- On Sale
- Jun 6, 2023
- Page Count
- 304 pages
- Little Brown Spark