Read by Kyf Brewer
Read by Orlagh Cassidy
Formats and Prices
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
- ebook $9.99 $12.99 CAD
- Hardcover (Large Print) $50.00 $63.00 CAD
- Hardcover $29.00 $37.00 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Abridged) $32.99 CAD
- Trade Paperback $16.99 $22.99 CAD
- Mass Market $9.99 $12.99 CAD
- Audiobook CD (Abridged) $15.00 $20.00 CAD
- Audiobook CD (Unabridged) $40.00 $50.00 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around April 21, 2020. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
When Amos Decker and his FBI colleague Alex Jamison are called to London, North Dakota, they instantly sense that the thriving fracking town is ripe for trouble. The promise of a second gold rush has attracted an onslaught of newcomers all hoping for a windfall, and the community is growing faster than houses can be built. The sudden boom has also brought a slew of problems with it, including drugs, property crimes, prostitution—and now murder.
Decker and Jamison are ordered to investigate the death of a young woman named Irene Cramer, whose body was expertly autopsied and then dumped in the open—which is only the beginning of the oddities surrounding the case. As Decker and Jamison dig into Irene's life, they are shocked to discover that the woman who walked the streets by night as a prostitute was a teacher for a local religious sect by day—a sect operating on land once owned by a mysterious government facility that looms over the entire community.
London is a town replete with ruthless business owners, shady government officials, and religious outsiders, all determined to keep their secrets from coming out. When other murders occur, Decker will need all of his extraordinary memory and detective skills, and the assistance of a surprising ally, to root out a killer and the forces behind Cramer's death . . . before the boom town explodes.
- "Walk the Wire solidifies Baldacci's status as this generation's premier storyteller . . . The perfect thriller."—Providence Journal
- "Walk the Wire may be the finest entry in David Baldacci's Memory Man series. The quality of his writing is at an all-time peak, and, fortunately for his countless fans, he is showing no signs of slowing down anytime soon."—Bookreporter
- "A master storyteller."—People
- "Baldacci delivers, every time!"—LisaScottoline, New York Timesbestselling author
- 'Intrepid . . . Although it's the sixth in a series, the book stands perfectly well on its own, providing many hours of enjoyable reading."—Mystery Scene magazine
- "With twists and turns and mysteries right up until the end, you will not want to put this book down."—Red Carpet Crash
- "Dire and complex . . . wildly entertaining."—Winnipeg Free Press
- On Sale
- Apr 21, 2020
- Hachette Audio