Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Read by Kyf Brewer
Read by Orlagh Cassidy
Formats and Prices
- Audiobook Download (Abridged) $32.99 CAD
- ebook $9.99 $12.99 CAD
- Hardcover (Large Print) $38.00 $48.00 CAD
- Hardcover $29.00 $38.00 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
- Trade Paperback $17.99 $22.99 CAD
- Mass Market $9.99 $12.99 CAD
- Audiobook CD (Abridged) $15.00 $19.50 CAD
- Audiobook CD (Unabridged) $40.00 $52.00 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around April 17, 2018. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
One of Amazon’s Best Audiobooks of 2019
Star FBI detective Amos Decker and his colleague Alex Jamison must solve four increasingly bizarre murders in a dying rust belt town–and the closer they come to the truth, the deadlier it gets in this rapid-fire #1 New York Times bestseller.
Something sinister is going on in Baronville. The rust belt town has seen four bizarre murders in the space of two weeks. Cryptic clues left at the scenes–obscure bible verses, odd symbols–have the police stumped.
Amos Decker and his FBI colleague Alex Jamison are in Baronville visiting Alex’s sister and her family. It’s a bleak place: a former mill and mining town with a crumbling economy and rampant opioid addiction. Decker has only been there a few hours when he stumbles on a horrific double murder scene.
Then the next killing hits sickeningly close to home. And with the lives of people he cares about suddenly hanging in the balance, Decker begins to realize that the recent string of deaths may be only one small piece of a much larger scheme–with consequences that will reach far beyond Baronville.
Decker, with his singular talents, may be the only one who can crack this bizarre case. Only this time–when one mistake could cost him everything–Decker finds that his previously infallible memory may not be so trustworthy after all…
- "Baldacci is a wonderful storyteller, and he incorporates wonderful characters into baffling conspiracies. ...he takes on small-town America, capturing both good and bad elements. He demonstrates why these small towns are worth saving. It's a theme he has explored before, but it still has potency and relevance."—Associated Press
- "The pace picks up considerably with each passing chapter until the inevitable ending that most surely will deliver a resolution at about the same time you are catching your breath."—BookReporter.com
- "Amos Decker shines again. . . The Fallen is David Baldacci at his very best."—The Real Book Spy
- "Amos Decker novels just keep getting better and better, and it's partly due to the careful in-depth characterization Baldacci gives his main character."—New York Journal of Books
- On Sale
- Apr 17, 2018
- Hachette Audio