Read by David Tennant
Formats and Prices
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around December 10, 2013. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
The story begins when Hiccup, his friend Fishlegs, and his cranky dragon Toothless get separated from their class during Boarding-an-Enemy-Ship practice. They accidentally board a prowling Roman galley intent on provoking war. When they rescue a tiny nanodragon, they uncover a plot to steal every dragon on the Isle of Berk!
This is just the start to an epic adventure that will have kids laughing from start to finish, and shines with Cressida Cowell’s trademark blend of action, humor, heart, and engaging illustrations.
- "Vikings, dragons, Romans and mayhem cavort across the pages in their usual irreverent and hilarious style."—School Librarian
- "Good jokes, funny drawings and dramatic scenes."—Daily Echo
- "If you haven't discovered Hiccup yet, you're missing out on one of the greatest inventions of modern children's literature."—Julia Eccleshare, Guardian
- "This book is great fun and has a Blackadderish sense of humour... full of the sort of jokes that will make schoolboys snigger."—Nicolette Jones, The Sunday Times
- "How to Train Your Dragon is a delightful narrative caper... It offers a challenging read to 11-year-olds, and rewards reading aloud, especially for those who relish an element of theatre at story time."—Lindsey Fraser, Sunday Herald
- "Raucous and slapstick...liberally illustrated with [Cressida Cowell's] riotous drawings, notes and maps."—The Financial Times
- "[Cressida Cowell] puts a contemporary spin on the old brains over brawn moral and brings the story to a climax with a thrilling dragon duel. Lots for lots of different readers to enjoy."—Books for Keeps
- On Sale
- Dec 10, 2013
- Hachette Audio