Illustrated by Lorena Alvarez Gómez
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $18.99 $23.99 CAD
- ebook $12.99 $16.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around April 21, 2020. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Each of us, from the day we're born, is accompanied by a special companion—the Yet. Can't tie your shoes? Yet! Can't ride a bike? Yet! Can't play the bassoon? Don't worry, Yet is there to help you out.
The Magical Yet is the perfect tool for parents and educators to turn a negative into a positive when helping children cope with the inevitable difficult learning moments we all face. Whether a child or an adult, this encouraging and uplifting book reminds us that we all have things we haven't learned…yet!
A USA Today Bestseller
An Illinois Monarch Award Master List Book
Praise for The Magical Yet:
“When children are old enough to do things on their own but are frustrated because they struggle with their nascent abilities, this enchanting picture book introduces them to their limitless potential by way of Yet, that oh-so-important word that encourages them to have patience with themselves as they continue to keep trying.” —Lacey Vorrasi-Banis, Entertainment Weekly
“Oh, I love this one! This is a book about resiliency and how you might not be good at something... yet. The Magical Yet is by your side helping you as you learn and grow. The adorable illustrations feature a diverse group of children, but everyone will be able to see a little of themselves in this book because of the topic.”—Kathleen Shea-Porter, Buzzfeed
- "With splashy artwork and catchy rhymes, the creators give families and educators a tool that spurs kids on to success."—Publishers Weekly
- "The depictions of difficult situations, such as learning to ride a bike, learning to dance, or practicing painting, are sure to strike a chord with children struggling to pick up something new, and the positive outcomes brought on by practice and perseverance are sure to inspire readers to never give up. A lovely addition to picture-book collections."—Booklist
- "The artwork is powerful and detailed....A solid if message-driven conversation starter about the hard parts of learning."—Kirkus Reviews
- "This rhyming, motivational picture book tackles the lesson of perseverance. It promotes trying new things and letting yourself fail along the way. With bright colorful, illustrations and an inspirational message, this 2021 picture book is a great substitute for Dr. Seuss’s popular Oh, the Places You’ll Go!"—Bookriot
- On Sale
- Apr 21, 2020
- Page Count
- 40 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers