By Steve Fraser
Formats and Prices
Format:Trade Paperback $22.99 $28.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around March 1, 2016. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
- "Fascinating."—NaomiKlein, New York Times BookReview (Editor's Choice)
"Fraser longs for the passion and force with which Americans of earlier generations attacked aggregated power."
—Jill Lepore, The New Yorker
- "Provocative....A perceptive reading of the current zeitgeist."—MichaelKazin, Slate
- "Fraser offers a sweeping, forcefully argued comparison between, on the one hand, the economy, ideology, and politics of the first Gilded Age and, on the other, the contemporary political scene."—Kim Phillips-Fein, Atlantic
- "Fraser is our preeminent historian of America as a capitalist civilization. No one is more attuned to the inner vibrations of our monied culture...[he writes] a prose of sinuous beauty."—Corey Robin, Salon
- "Fraser is particularly passionate and penetrating in his analysis of our present state of submission and surrender."—JonWiener, Los Angeles Times
- On Sale
- Mar 1, 2016
- Page Count
- 488 pages
- Basic Books