Illustrated by Chris Raschka
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $8.99 $11.99 CAD
- Hardcover $18.99 $23.99 CAD
From the acclaimed author of the classic book The Phantom Tollbooth comes a love song to that special relationship between grandparents and grandchild, illustrated by a multi-Caldecott recipient—now available in paperback.
The kitchen window at Nanna and Poppy's house is, for one little girl, a magic gateway. Everything important happens near it, through it, or beyond it. The world for this little girl will soon grow larger and more complex, but never more enchanting or deeply felt. Her story is both a voyage of discovery and a celebration of the commonplace wonders that define childhood, expressed as a joyful fusion of text with evocative and exuberant art that garnered the highest honor in children's book illustration in 2006.
* "Perfect for lap-sharing, this book will find favor with children and adults alike."School Library Journal
* "Two well-known names come together in a book that speaks to the real lives of children and their experiences."Booklist
* "Grandparents especially will be charmed by this relaxed account of how a child's visit occasions everyday magic."Publishers Weekly
* "Juster adopts the voice of the child, whose present-tense narration is just right.... Raschka’s mixed-media illustrations are characteristically loose and energetic, depicting this happy, biracial family with jewel tones and extravagant swirls."Kirkus reviews
- On Sale
- Apr 9, 2024
- Page Count
- 32 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers