Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Moon South Dakota’s Black Hills: With Mount Rushmore & Badlands National Park
Outdoor Adventures, Scenic Drives, Local Bites & Brews
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $19.99 $24.99 CAD
- ebook $14.99 $19.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around November 8, 2022. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
- Flexible itineraries: Unique and adventure-packed ideas for day trips, a week on the road, families with kids, wildlife enthusiasts, and more
- The best hikes in the Black Hills and Badlands, with individual trail descriptions, elevation gains, and trailheads
- Experience the outdoors: Go horseback riding, rock climbing, backpacking, kayaking, biking, and more. Say hello to the carved granite faces of the presidents and hike red rock canyons and hills covered in ponderosa pine. Spot bison, elk, and mountain goats and see wild horses roaming the grassy flatlands. Climb the tallest peak east of the Rockies or navigate the underground passages of Wind Cave National Park
- Respectfully connect with Native American culture: Visit historic sites, galleries, and museums to learn about Lakota history, see the Crazy Horse Memorial, or attend a powwow ceremony to watch traditional dances and sample authentic cuisine
- How to get there: Up-to-date information on gateway towns, park entrances, park fees, and tours
- Where to stay: Campgrounds, resorts, hotels, and more
- Planning tips: When to go, what to pack, safety information, and how to avoid the crowds, with full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Expertise and know-how: Experience the best of this stunning region with Laural A. Bidwell, a local of South Dakota's Black Hills
Craving more of the great outdoors? Check out Moon USA National Parks, Moon Zion & Bryce, or Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
- "Moon handbooks are always a pleasure to read. The writing is crisp, the research impressive, and the recommendations practical and down to earth."—Chicago Tribune
- “The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."—Transitions Abroad
- "Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."—Gear Patrol, “The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey”
- "Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."—The New York Times
- "Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer."—No Small Plan
- "Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."—Los Angeles Times
- On Sale
- Nov 8, 2022
- Page Count
- 280 pages
- Moon Travel