Formats and Prices
- ebook $12.99 $16.99 CAD
- Trade Paperback $17.99 $22.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around January 5, 2021. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
- Flexible Itineraries: Unique and adventure-packed ideas for day hikers, winter visitors, families with kids, campers, and more
- The Best Hikes in Each National Park: Detailed hike descriptions, trail maps, mileage and elevation gains, and backpacking options
- Experience the Outdoors: Behold greatness at the base of a giant sequoia, stop and smell the wildflowers of Zumwalt Meadow, or savor panoramic views from the summit of Mount Whitney (the highest peak in the continental US!). Strap on snowshoes for a ranger-led winter walk or spelunk your way around otherworldly rock formations in Crystal Cave. Cool off in the mist of a trailside waterfall, conquer the 400-step climb to the top of Moro Rock, and gaze at ink-black skies with unbeatable views of the Milky Way
- How to Get There: Up-to-date information on traveling between the parks, gateway towns, park entrances, park fees, and tours
- Where to Stay: From RV or tent campgrounds to rustic cabins and all-inclusive lodges, find the best spots to kick back, both inside and outside the parks
- Planning Tips: When to go, what to pack, safety information, and how to avoid the crowds, with full-color photos and easy-to-use maps throughout
- Expert Insight: Former national park ranger Leigh Bernacchi provides helpful background on the parks' history, geology, conservation efforts, and more
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
- On Sale
- Jan 5, 2021
- Page Count
- 224 pages
- Moon Travel