Visit our store for discounts & free shipping over $45 SHOP NOW>>
Postpartum Depression Demystified
An Essential Guide for Understanding and Beating the Most Common Complication after Childbirth
If you're experiencing postpartum depression, you're not alone. Discover insights, support, and advice in this useful guide from two medical professionals who have experienced PPD themselves.
Impacting 1 in 7 people after childbirth, postpartum depression is the most common complication following pregnancy. Yet this serious mood disorder, characterized by sadness, anxiety, feelings of hopelessness and guilt, insomnia, and thoughts of harming the baby or oneself, continues to be widely misunderstood and frequently misdiagnosed.
In Postpartum Depression Demystified, renowned medical experts Joyce Venis and Suzanne McCloskey—who have experienced PPD themselves—turn their combined expertise into an insightful and supportive guide for everyone living with and seeking to understand this condition. Venis and McCloskey cover the important topics, such as:
• The nature of PPD and how it differs from other perinatal mood disorders
• How to recognize and cope with the symptoms
• How to obtain an accurate diagnosis
• Key risk factors and how to minimize them
• Medications and therapies
• Getting the support you need from your partner, family, and friends
• How PPD can affect your relationship with your partner and your baby
• Nurturing yourself through recovery.