Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
The Expanse Boxed Set: Leviathan Wakes, Caliban's War and Abaddon's Gate
Formats and Prices
Format:Trade Paperback $49.99 $62.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around November 3, 2015. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
“Interplanetary adventure the way it ought to be written.” — George R.R. Martin
Humanity has colonized the solar system, but two hundred years after migrating into space, mankind is in turmoil.
When a reluctant ship’s captain and washed-up detective find themselves involved in the case of a missing girl, what they discover brings our solar system to the brink of civil war, and exposes the greatest conspiracy in human history.
- "The science fictional equivalent of A Song of Ice and Fire...only with fewer beheadings and way more spaceships."—NPR Books on Cibola Burn
- "Combining an exploration of real human frailties with big sf ideas and exciting thriller action, Corey cements the series as must-read space opera."—Library Journal (starred review) on Cibola Burn
- "The Expanse series is the best space opera series running at full tilt right now, and Cibola Burn continues that streak of excellence."—io9 on Cibola Burn
- "Corey's splendid fourth Expanse novel blends adventure with uncommon decency."—Publishers Weekly (starred review) on Cibola Burn
- "A politically complex and pulse-pounding page-turner.... Corey perfectly balances character development with action... series fans will find this installment the best yet."—Publishers Weekly on Abaddon's Gate
- "It's been too long since we've had a really kickass space opera. LEVIATHAN WAKES is interplanetary adventure the way it ought to be written, the kind of SF that made me fall in love with the genre way back when, seasoned with a dollop of horror and a dash of noir. Jimmy Corey writes with the energy of a brash newcomer and the polish of a seasoned pro. So where's the second book?"—George R.R. Martin on Leviathan Wakes
- "An excellent space operatic debut in the grand tradition of Peter F. Hamilton."—Charles Stross on Leviathan Wakes
- "High adventure equaling the best space opera has to offer, cutting-edge technology, and a group of unforgettable characters bring the third installment of Corey's epic space drama (after Caliban's War and Leviathan Wakes) to an action-filled close while leaving room for more stories to unfold. Perhaps one of the best tales the genre has yet to produce, this superb collaboration between fantasy author Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck should reawaken an interest in old-fashioned storytelling and cinematic pacing. Highly recommended."—Library Journal on Abaddon's Gate
- "Literary space opera at its absolute best."—io9.com on Abaddon's Gate
- "[T]he authors are superb with the exciting bits: Shipboard coups and battles are a thrill to follow."—Washington Post on Abaddon's Gate
- "Riveting interplanetary thriller."—Publishers Weekly on Leviathan Wakes
- On Sale
- Nov 3, 2015
- Page Count
- 1792 pages