Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
A Big Mooncake for Little Star (Caldecott Honor Book)
By Grace Lin
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $18.99 $24.99 CAD
- ebook $10.99 $13.99 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around August 28, 2018. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Pat, pat, pat…
Little Star’s soft feet tiptoed to the Big Mooncake.
Little Star loves the delicious Mooncake that she bakes with her mama. But she’s not supposed to eat any yet! What happens when she can’t resist a nibble?
In this stunning picture book that shines as bright as the stars in the sky, Newbery Honor author Grace Lin creates a heartwarming original story that explains phases of the moon.
Praise for A Big Mooncake for Little Star:Horn Book Fanfare 2018 SelectionA Chicago Public Library Best Book 0f 2018A Shelf Awareness Best Book of 2018A Center for the Study of Multicultural Children's Literature Best Book of 2018
A Boston Globe Best Book of 2018A 2018 Nerdies List BookAn ALA 2019 Children's Notables List Pick* "Luminous....Lin's storytelling is both clever and radiant. A warm and glowing modern myth."
- "The gouache illustrations are excellent....Intriguing characters come alive."—Booklist
- Lin successfully combines three distinctive and memorable elements: a fable that avoids seeming contrived, a vision of a mother and child living in cozy harmony, and a night kitchen of sendakian proportions.
— Publishers Weekly
- * This folkloric pourquoi tale effectively blends peaceful bedtime rhymes with the lure of irresistible snacking temptation—BCCB, starred review
- "...wonderful as a bedtime book all year long."—The New York Times
- * The relationship between Little Star and her mother offers a message of empowerment and reassurance. Lin's loving homage to the Mid-Autumn Moon Festival is sure to become a bedtime favorite.—School Library Journal, starred review
- "Lin's vibrant gouache paintings are a stellar fit for this story...this is a gentle, beautiful book for all."—BookPage
- "In this bedtime read that sounds like a lullaby, a child longs to eat a mooncake she baked with her mom. Each night she secretly takes a bite, bringing about a new phase of the moon."—Parents Magazine
- Praise for Dim Sum for Everyone!"Like the pleasures of dim sum, this is a compact treat."— Booklist
- "A delightful read-aloud"— Kirkus Reviews
- Praise for The Ugly Vegetables:"A lovely, well-formatted book with an enjoyable multicultural story. —School Library Journal
- "A charming, childlike quality infuses the artwork; boldly hued gouache pictures feature skies and lawns as patterned as the girl's kitchen wallpaper and curtains."—Publishers WeeklyPraise for When the Sea Turned to Silver:A New York Times BestsellerA New York Times Notable Children's Book of the YearA National Book Award FinalistAn IndieBound BestsellerNPR Best Book of the Year PickPEOPLE Top 12 Children's Book of the YearThe Horn Book Fanfare Best Books of the Year ChoiceAn ALA Notable Book for ChildrenAn Amazon Best Books of the Year PickA CCBC Children's Choices PickA School Library Journal Best Middle Grade of the Year ChoiceA Booklist Editor's ChoiceA B&N Kids Blog 10 Notable Middle Grade NovelKPBS (San Diego NPR affiliate) Top 12 Kid's Books of the YearA Horn Book Book Summer Reading ChoiceA Bank Street College of Education Best Children's Book of the Year
- On Sale
- Aug 28, 2018
- Page Count
- 40 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers