Illustrated by C. F. Payne
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $9.99 $12.99 CAD
- Hardcover $17.99 $18.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around December 5, 2017. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
President Theodore Roosevelt is known as "the man with a plan," the "rough rider." His figure stands tall in American history; his legacy stretching him to larger-than-life proportions.
But before his rise to fame, he was just "Teedie," a boy with ambitious dreams to change the world, and the conviction to see his stupendous imaginings brought to fruition.
As an American president, he left an impressive mark upon his country. He promised a "square deal" to all citizens, he tamed big businesses, and protected the nation's wildlife and natural beauty. His fearless leadership assured that he would always be remembered, and his robust spirit now dares others to do mighty things.
In her moving picture book portrait, award-winning author Doreen Rappaport uses her well-honed approach of personal quotes and vivid prose to spin together the tale of a sickly boy who became a monumental man. Coupled with C. F. Payne's dramatic artwork, the story of President Teddy, touchstone of American history, is brought to life.
PRAISE FOR TO DARE MIGHTY THINGS
* School Library Journal Best Book of 2013
* Bank Street Best Children's Book of 2014
* 2014 The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books Blue Ribbon
* 2013 New York Public Library's "One Hundred Titles for Reading and Sharing"
* 2014 Green Earth Book Award Shortlist
PRAISE FOR JACK'S PATH OF COURAGEKirkus Reviews
"[An] inspiring portrait."
- On Sale
- Dec 5, 2017
- Page Count
- 48 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers