Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Why the Media Rage Machine Divides America and How to Fight Back
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $29.00 $37.00 CAD
- ebook $15.99 $20.99 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
- Trade Paperback $18.99 $23.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around August 23, 2022. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
"One of America’s most experienced and exemplary journalists has written an unsparing analysis of the dreadful consequences — for journalism and the nation — of ‘how the news lost a race to the bottom with itself.’” – George F. Will
In this national bestseller, Chris Stirewalt, a former Fox News political editor, takes readers inside America’s broken newsrooms that have succumbed to the temptation of “rage revenue.”
One of America’s sharpest political analysts, Stirewalt employs his trademark wit and insight to reveal how these media organizations slant coverage – and why that drives political division and rewards outrageous conduct. The New York Times wrote that Stirewalt’s book "is an often candid reflection on the state of political journalism and his time at Fox News, where such post-mortem assessments are not common…"
Broken News is a fascinating, deeply researched, conversation-provoking study of how the news is made and how it must be repaired. Stirewalt goes deep inside the history of the industry to explain how today’s media divides America for profit. And he offers practical advice for how readers, listeners, and viewers can (and should) become better news consumers for the sake of the republic.
- "Stirewalt’s book is an often candid reflection on the state of political journalism and his time at Fox News, where such post-mortem assessments are not common..."—The New York Times
- "One of America’s most experienced and exemplary journalists has written an unsparing analysis of the dreadful consequences -- for journalism and the nation -- of “how the news lost a race to the bottom with itself.” Readers of Stirewalt’s indispensable, mind-opening book-as-warning should remember this: There actually is no such thing as rock bottom."—George F. Will
- "Chris Stirewalt is an ideal guide to what has happened to the news business because he doesn’t just hate what it has become, but also loves what it ought to be. Free of nostalgia or partisan vitriol, and full of insight, experience, and clear-eyed realism, this book is an essential guide to repairing American journalism."—Yuval Levin, author of A Time to Build
- "A new book, Broken News by Chris Stirewalt, examines all the ways the industry has gone horribly wrong, and how to be a smarter news consumer. Fantastic read."—Julie Mason, SiriusXM host
- "Everyone needs to read Chris Stirewalt to understand how a broken media fans the flames of our broken politics."—Spencer Cox, Governor of Utah
- "Stirewalt’s book is both a critique of the media and a rebuke of his former employer and Trump. He spares no one…He provides plenty of food for thought."—The Guardian
- On Sale
- Aug 23, 2022
- Page Count
- 256 pages
- Center Street