By Brent Weeks
Read by Simon Vance
Formats and Prices
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around August 26, 2014. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
As the old gods awaken and satrapies splinter, the Chromeria races to find the only man who can still end a civil war before it engulfs the known world. But Gavin Guile has been captured by an old enemy and enslaved on a pirate galley. Worse still, Gavin has lost more than his powers as Prism — he can’t use magic at all.
Without the protection of his father, Kip Guile will face a master of shadows as his grandfather moves to choose a new Prism and put himself in power. With Teia and Karris, Kip will have to use all his wits to survive a secret war between noble houses, religious factions, rebels, and an ascendant order of hidden assassins called The Broken Eye.
Read the third book in Brent Weeks’s blockbuster epic fantasy series that had Peter V. Brett saying, “Brent Weeks is so good, it’s starting to tick me off!”.
- "Brent Weeks has a style and immediacy of detail that pulls the reader relentlessly into his story. He doesn't allow you to look away."—Robin Hobb
- "The Lightbringer series is great fun. Nobody does break-neck pacing and amazingly-executed plot twists like Brent Weeks."—Brian McClellan, author of Promise of Blood
- "The Blinding Knife was even better than the The Black Prism (and that's saying something!)"—B&N.com on The Blinding Knife
- "Brent Weeks is so good it's starting to tick me off."—Peter V. Brett, New York Times bestselling author of The Desert Spear on The Night Angel Trilogy
- "The Blinding Knife is a wonderful work of high fantasy with engaging characters facing the perfect antagonists, set in a creatively-wrought and increasingly chaotic world brimful of imaginative magic and interesting politics. Weeks holds fast to the traditions of his genre while adding a compelling new flavor."—The Ranting Dragon
- "One of the best epic fantasies I've ever read."—Staffer's Book Review on The Blinding Knife
- "Weeks manages to ring new tunes on...old bells, letting a deep background slowly reveal its secrets and presenting his characters in a realistically flawed and human way."—Publishers Weekly on The Black Prism
- "...A solid, entertaining yarn."—The Onion A.V. Club on The Black Prism
- "Weeks has written an epic fantasy unlike any of its contemporaries. It is a truly visionary and original work, and has set the bar high for others in its subgenre."—graspingforthewind.com
- "One of the best Fantasy books of 2012!"—A Dribble of Ink on The Blinding Knife
- On Sale
- Aug 26, 2014
- Hachette Audio