Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
The Painful Past, Confusing Present, and Hopeful Future of Race in America
By Ben Carson
With Candy Carson
Foreword by Dr. Alveda King
Read by Ben Carson
Read by Terrence Kidd
Formats and Prices
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
- ebook $15.99 $20.99 CAD
- Hardcover $29.00 $37.00 CAD
- Trade Paperback $18.99 $23.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around May 17, 2022. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
External physical characteristics that are genetically encoded are things over which no individual has control. But rather than appreciating the gift of diversity, some have chosen to use it to drive wedges between groups of people. Some of these external characteristics are associated with the past moral failing of slavery. Though slavery in America formally ended in the 1860s, the vestiges of that evil institution are still with us today, and those vestiges often inflict guilt on some and facilitate feelings of victimhood in others.
In Created Equal, Dr. Carson uses his own personal experiences as a member of a racial minority, along with the writings and experiences of others from multiple backgrounds and demographics, to analyze the current state of race relations in America. Instead of using race as an excuse to remake America into something completely antithetical to the Constitution, Dr. Carson suggests ways to enhance and bring great success to our nation and all multiethnic societies by magnifying America's incredible strengths instead of her historical weaknesses.
“Created Equal is a book that speaks truth to power and is so very needed in today’s divided society. Dr. Carson’s sensible solutions and advice should be heeded by all Americans that wish to see our nation united once again."
—Dr. Alveda King, Founder SpeakForLife.org
- “This book is what the American people need: the true, unfiltered, and unabashed history of race in America and a blueprint for a real path forward. We have come a long way since the days of Martin Luther King, Jr. and his famous "I have a dream" speech and Dr. Ben Carson embodies that progress in every way imaginable. This book should be a must read for any American struggling to comprehend the left’s anti-American racial agenda, and especially for those espousing it.”—Bob Unanue, CEO, Goya Foods
- "Dr. Carson’s Created Equal brilliantly reveals the destructiveness of false divisions in society through his moving conversation on education, faith, race, and values in America."—Newt Gingrich, Former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives
- "You can't cancel Dr. Carson. Get ready to be informed, enraged, and entertained. In Created Equal, Dr. Carson draws on his inspiring personal success to weigh in on the national debate around race and equity. It is just what the doctor ordered—a stronger, more unified country."—Juan Williams, Fox News political analyst, The Hill columnist, and best-selling author
- "The best way to describe Dr. Ben Carson is 'Gentle Ben,' who was a lovable bear in a 60’s TV series. Like the original 'Gentle Ben,' Dr. Carson is kind, thoughtful, and protective of those around him. But he also knows how to fight. He’s fought disease and illness in his celebrated medical career and he’s fought Godless ideology that has masked itself as intellectualism. His breakthrough book, Created Equal, is a powerful pushback to the utterly baseless view that America is a racist and evil nation. I can think of no one who can more credibly respond to such nonsense than Dr. Carson, and he and his wife Candy do just that. This book will help you see America as it is, not a perfect nation, but one whose God-centered origins move us toward 'a more perfect union.'"—Mike Huckabee, television host and former governor of Arkansas
- “Dr Carson’s life story proves that through the promises of America and consistent hard work, we are not destined to be defined by our challenging circumstances, but rather can pursue happiness and exhaust our potential as was intended by our Creator.”—John Rich, singer and songwriter
- “He’s done it again! Ben Carson has written another great book that sheds light on an important subject. Not only have his gifted hands been used to bring healing to many, his service to America has also brought a perspective that has the potential of bringing unity to what has been too long a divide across our nation. Ben and Candy Carson have lived the American Dream and are bright examples of those who overcome. Their story challenges others to grasp the truth that God breathed life into the human race—created equal—in His likeness, for the purpose of glorifying Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who desires all people to come to salvation in Him through obedience, demonstrating love toward all.”—Franklin Graham, president and CEO of Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, Samaritan’s Purse
- “In this hard-hitting, plain-speaking analysis, Dr. Ben Carson builds on the mighty foundation of culture-shaping lessons learned during his inspiring life and career. While readily acknowledging the cruel realities of slavery, Jim Crow, and the 'tyranny of low expectations,' Dr. Carson emphatically rejects contemporary philosophies such as Critical Race Theory with its enervating narrative of oppression and victimhood, and instead embraces the 'can do' and 'compassionate action' approach that characterizes America at its best. He lifts up a soaring, optimism-filled vision of a free society animated by self reliance, academic achievement, and a fair system of public school funding. Especially timely for our deeply polarized era, Dr. Carson’s eloquent voice and common sense perspective are more important than ever in pointing the way forward for all Americans of good will.”—Judge Ken Starr, former president and chancellor of Baylor University
- "To the great number of Americans who care about the erosion of belief in American exceptionalism, add Created Equal to your reading list. Not because you will agree with every point Dr. Carson makes, but because his point of view--borne of a lived experience in realizing his American Dream via personal excellence--sparks the type of spirited discourse our country needs to hear right now. Dr. Carson uses his personal story to narrate our country’s evolution with respect to race relations. It also reinforces the idea that individuals, regardless of the conditions of their birth, possess unlimited potential to become the best version of themselves if they do the work."—Cordell Carter, esq., executive director, Aspen Institute Socrates Program
- On Sale
- May 17, 2022
- Hachette Audio