Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
The Align Method
5 Movement Principles for a Stronger Body, Sharper Mind, and Stress-Proof Life
Foreword by Kelly Starrett
Read by Aaron Alexander, CR, LMT
Formats and Prices
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
- ebook $11.99 $15.99 CAD
- Hardcover $28.00 $35.00 CAD
- Trade Paperback $17.99 $22.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around December 24, 2019. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Good posture is about more than standing up straight: It can change your mood, alleviate pain, rid your body of stressful tension, and may be the difference between getting that raise you’ve wanted and attracting your ideal mate, or not. But in order to reap all those benefits, the body must be properly integrated. Celebrity movement coach and manual therapist Aaron Alexander offers a revolutionary approach to body alignment to build strength, reduce pain, and put you on a direct path to peak performance that is both fun and accessible.
The Align Method centers on five daily optimizations that can be easily integrated into any workout, mindfulness practice, or daily life activity:
- Floor Sitting
- Nose Breathing
- "This book is a powerful guide to leverage movement as a potent tool for health.With so much attention focused on the components of the optimal human diet Align refreshingly directs our attention to the fundamental role of body posture in influencing health. Aaron Alexander skillfully directs the reader to an understanding that how we choose to walk, sit, stand and even sleep will either increase the likelihood of illness or pave the way towards health."—David Perlmutter, MD, #1 New York Times bestselling author GrainBrain and Brain Wash
- "Amidst all the hype and fads, it's easy to forget the key pillar in any healthful practice: movement. This book shows you how to move your body through the world with greater intention and in doing so, will help you live each day with more vitality."—Robb Wolf, New YorkTimes bestselling author of Paleo Solution and Wired to Eat
- "Sometimes to move forwards we have to first look back. This book will help you cut through the health and wellness hype and return to the basic principles of what it means to be a fully alive human being."—Mark Sisson, New York Times bestselling author of The Primal Blue Print and Primal Kitchen
"Living a healthier and happier life doesn't require complicated training plans. If you follow the simple steps Aaron shares in this fascinating book, you'll be well on your way to becoming the best version of yourself."
—LairdHamilton, Pioneering waterman and co-founder of XPT
- "Aaron will set you straight-literally-with this ground-breaking book!"—Dr. Steven Gundry, New York Times bestsellingauthor of The Plant Paradox
- "The postures we take from day to day can either help or hinder the longevity of our functionality. How we move, connect, and build awareness of common postural mishaps that cause unwanted emotional and physical stress, dysfunction, and pain can be easily avoided - if you know how. Aaron maps out how to become more aware of where you are at today and how to add simple ways to realign your mind and body and gain self-care tools to help you live a better life. He's infused a great deal of knowledge into one book and how he shares it is spectacular."—Sue Hitzman, New York Timesbestselling author of Melt Method
- "Cool dude. Good moves. He is the sweetest muscle guy I have ever met. Endorse Aaron forever."—Wim Hof
"The first time I met Aaron he was shirtless and barefoot doing a one arm handstand along with some Capoeira moves at Onnit Gym in Austin, TX. Ever since, he has never failed to amaze me, not just with his movement practice, but also with his dedication to helping others reach their full potential. With this book, he becomes your personal coach, and you couldn't hope for a better one."
—Jamie Wheal, executive director of The Flow Genome Project
- "Aaron is a world-class coach with an amazing knack for simplifying complex ideas for anyone to understand. This book contains all tools you'd need to move the body out of pain and into performance!"—Chuck Liddell,American mixed martial artist and former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion
Normal0falsefalsefalseEN-USX-NONEX-NONEMicrosoftInternetExplorer4 "Aaron's movement system is killer-really unique and really effective. If you want a world-class understanding of movement, you've picked up the right book."
—Steven Kotler, New York Times bestselling author of The Rise of Superman: Decoding the Science of Ultimate Human Performance
- "Aaron is the definitive movement coach of our generation. But alignment is about more than how the body moves. It is about how you stand mentally, emotionally, and spiritually as well. This book is an essential read for anyone on the path of self-mastery."—Aubrey Marcus, founder and CEO of ONNIT and New York Times bestselling author of Own the Day, Own Your Life
"Movement is an important part of achieving high level wellness that is frequently neglected. Align is a wonderful compilation of suggestions to help your body work for you, rather than against you. A valuable resource to help you attain the body you have always wanted."
—Dr. Mercola, founder of Mercola.com, mostvisited natural health site
- "'Culture is not your friend' once said Terence McKenna. The day to day life we deem normal involves a form of unseen physical specialization where our movement behavior consists mostly of sitting, standing a walking a few steps, a predicament I have coined as 'movement poverty.' With his brilliant book, Aaron provides us with a stimulating perspective and a simple yet effective method to get us back into better motion, health, vitality and physical freedom."—Erwan Le Corre, founder of MovNat and author of The Practice of Natural Movement
- "If you've ever wanted to feel more confident, capable, and at home in your body but didn't know where to start, this is the book for you. Aaron shows that by spending just a few minutes on restorative daily practices, you can make the most of every moment and tap into potential you never even knew you had."—Gabrielle Reece, pro volleyball player andco-founder of XPT
- "This is a fabulous book. I don't know anything quite like it. All systems in the body require movement for optimum health. Competent movement that is neither too much or too little, and of the right type is the key. Aaron Alexander masterfully weaves together a formula for successful pain-free living."—Professor Stuart McGill, authorof Back Mechanic
- "In order to move well, you must move through your own body; investigating its bits, pieces, and perceptions. Aaron masterfully helps you find the keys to your own body home so that you can arrange the furniture of your structure and enlarge your sensual experience of being "at home" in yourself. His book includes wit and wisdom about our sedentariness crisis and easy steps that every human can take to coax their body to be a better citizen within movement culture."—Jill Miller, author of The Roll Model: A Step by Step Guide to Erase Pain,Improve Mobility and Live Better in Your Body
- "Improving your health and well-being can seem daunting, but really it's a matter of making better decisions on a moment-to-moment basis rather than drastic changes. If you let Aaron guide you as he has me, you'll have the tools to dramatically boost not just your brain health but the quality of your whole life."—Jim Kwik, CEO of Kwik Learning
- "Aaron shares his method for how to approach every day with more strength, confidence, and capability and his heart and compassion shine through."—KinoMacGregor, Ashtanga yoga instructor and founder of Omstars
- On Sale
- Dec 24, 2019
- Hachette Audio