By Terry Virts
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $14.99 $19.99 CAD
- ebook $9.99 $12.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around April 11, 2023. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
A kid's guide to leaving the planet from someone who's done it! Former astronaut Terry Virts guides readers through the practical elements of becoming an astronaut, along with the wonders (and challenges!) of space travel. With insider information on training, piloting a ship, and working in space, readers and aspiring astronauts will be inspired to start their own journey to the stars. This practical guide is full of valuable wisdom and insight that will guide the astronaut candidates of tomorrow!
- "With an eye to younger audiences with stars in their eyes, he describes space programs of the past and near future in clear, simple language and embeds pep talks about the importance of getting a good education and ignoring nay-sayers…. Finally, an astro-memoir for kids that really gets down to the nitty-gritty."—Kirkus Reviews, starred review
- "A fun, fact-filled reflection of space-bound adventure."—Booklist, starred review
- "Paints a vibrant picture of life aboard the International Space Station…. Young space enthusiasts will enjoy this guide. Aspiring astronauts will treasure it."—TIME for Kids
Author Terry Virts "engages readers with more than a smattering of history, science, and pure delight."
"The Astronaut’s Guide to Leaving the Planet is exactly the sort of book kids who love space will fall in love with…. an informative read that should appeal to space fanatics young and old."
—Cracking the Cover
- On Sale
- Apr 11, 2023
- Page Count
- 176 pages
- Workman Publishing Company