By Kennedy Ryan
Formats and Prices
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around November 15, 2022. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
A Good Morning America Book Buzz Pick!
Their love was supposed to last forever. But when life delivered blow after devastating blow, Yasmen and Josiah Wade found that love alone couldn’t solve or save everything.
It couldn’t save their marriage.
Yasmen wasn’t prepared for how her life fell apart, but she’s is finally starting to find joy again. She and Josiah have found a new rhythm, co-parenting their two kids and running a thriving business together. Yet like magnets, they’re always drawn back to each other, and now they’re beginning to wonder if they’re truly ready to let go of everything they once had.
Soon, one stolen kiss leads to another…and then more. It's hot. It's illicit. It's all good—until old wounds reopen. Is it too late for them to find forever? Or could they even be better, the second time around?
Award-winning and bestselling "powerhouse" author Kennedy Ryan is at her absolute best in this compelling, scorching novel about hope and healing, and what it truly means to love for a lifetime (USA Today).
Book of the Month Club selection
NPR Best Books of 2022
Entertainment Weekly Best Romances of 2022
Washington Post 10 Best Romances of the Year
Women's Health Best Books of the Year
Publishers Weekly Best Romance Books of 2022
- “Real. Raw. Magnificent!”—Colleen Hoover, #1 New York Times bestselling author
- “Kennedy Ryan pours her whole soul into everything she writes, and it makes for books that are heart-searing, sensual, and life affirming. We are lucky to be living in a world where she writes.”—EMILY HENRY, #1 New York Times bestselling author
- “Breathtaking, gut-wrenching, viscerally romantic. I want to curl up and live in this book.”—Talia Hibbert, New York Times bestselling author
- “Before I Let Go is a masterpiece, and one of those books that you finish reading and just know you'll go back to many, many times. A beautifully honest portrayal of love in its many forms, and the most raw, poignant, and romantic journey of healing I've read in a long time. Kennedy Ryan has a fan for life.”—Ali Hazelwood, New York Times bestselling author of Love on the Brain
- “I am a sucker for high-stakes, once-in-a-lifetime soulmate love–and Before I Let Go hits every spot! Yasmen and Josiah’s story is emotional, raw, real, grown-up, and it perfectly crystalizes the idea that real, lasting love is an imperfect journey of patience. Forgiveness. Healing. And, of course, wildly hot, steamy sex! Kennedy Ryan has gifted us with yet another addictively delicious read.”—TIA WILLIAMS, New York Times bestselling author
- “A knockout.”—Publishers Weekly, starred review
- “A gorgeously poignant story of healing, family, and love. Kennedy Ryan is a true artist.”—Helen Hoang, New York Times bestselling author
- “Ryan always manages to ring her heavy stories with an aura of hope and a propulsive narrative that makes them impossible to put down. Grade: A”—Entertainment Weekly
- “Ryan is a fantastic storyteller and superb writer.”—NPR
- “A story of resilience, redemption and second chances; it’s heavy but hopeful. With meticulously detailed prose, Ryan creates characters who are deeply relatable, so compelling and lushly drawn that they feel like old friends.”—BookPage
- “A stunning look at the nuances of grief, healing, marriage, and love.”—Women's Health
- “Ryan crafts a heroine who is empowered, inspiring the men in her world to do whatever it takes to keep that connection alive.”—Ebony
- "BEFORE I LET GO is the kind of beautiful, heart-felt love story that stays with you. The only thing that rivals Kennedy Ryan's stunning prose is Yasmen's journey itself--raw and moving and relatable. This book is a must read!"—Lexi Ryan, #1 New York Times Bestselling Author
- “Kennedy Ryan has written the type of romance you want to slowly savor, yet can’t help but devour. Every page is perfection."—Farrah Rochon, USA Today Bestselling author of The Hookup Plan
- "Fans of Colleen Hoover will love this beautiful, unforgettable, oh-so-real second-chance romance whose characters will stay in your heart long after reading. Kennedy Ryan is a brilliant storyteller who can make you cry one moment and snort-laugh the next.”—Jill Shalvis, New York Times bestselling author
- "SPECTACULAR! Kennedy is doing something no one else in romance is doing right now. If you love angst with the most satisfying payoff, Before I Let Go is for you."—Christina Lauren, New York Times bestselling author
- "Ryan is a powerhouse of a writer."—USA Today
- "Kennedy Ryan writes modern romance with such emotion and beauty. Her stories are guaranteed to break your heart and then they heal it, each and every time."—Kylie Scott, New York Times bestselling author
- "Kennedy Ryan is one of the most talented writers writing today, and Before I Let Go is another showcase of that talent. This book is challenging, bracing, so evocative, and so REAL."—Kate Clayborn, author of Love Lettering
- “Kennedy Ryan crafts characters and stories that stay with you long after you’ve turned the last page. Before I Let Go is a beautifully told story full of hope, sorrow, and healing, a true testament to the power of love, family, community, and soul food. I smiled, pined along with Yasmen and Josiah, and rooted for their reunion. A great read.”—Alexandria House, bestselling author of Let Me Love You
- "Kennedy writes these gripping, touching, romantic, transporting books every single time."—Denise Williams, Author of How to Fail At Flirting
- "Devastating, thought provoking, and so hopeful, this deeply romantic second-chance love story brought out all my emotions. This book is stunningly beautiful."—Farah Heron, author of Kamila Knows Best
- "The queen of hard-hitting romance books."—The Culturess
- "Before I Let Go is pure magic. Kennedy poured herself in this raw, real, second-chance love story that will reach out and touch you to your soul. I read this story with my heart in my throat, enraptured by every word. A stunning, stellar, must read." —A.L. Jackson, NYT & USA Today bestselling author
- “A must read for lovers of It Starts with Us by Colleen Hoover and Seven Days in June by Tia Williams.”—ZibbyMag
- "This novel of rediscovered love is highly recommended." —Library Journal, starred review
- "Kennedy Ryan captures so many topics in this book from grief, loss, community, and friendship to learning how to forgive yourself, speak your truth, and ask for what you want. It’s a book where you can easily find glimpses of yourself among the pages.”—Conde Nast Traveler
- “Kennedy Ryan is frequently compared to bestselling author Colleen Hoover, and for good reason. She writes heart-wrenching romances that are sexy and modern.”—Men's Health
- On Sale
- Nov 15, 2022
- Page Count
- 400 pages