Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
OMG WTF Does the Constitution Actually Say?
A Non-Boring Guide to How Our Democracy is Supposed to Work
By Ben Sheehan
Read by Ben Sheehan
Read by Candice Renee
Formats and Prices
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around April 14, 2020. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Do you know what the Constitution ACTUALLY says?
This witty and highly relevant annotation of our founding document is the go-to guide to the ins and outs of how our government really works.
Written by political savant and entertainment veteran, Ben Sheehan, and vetted for accuracy by dozens of experts in the field of constitutional law, OMG WTF Does the Constitution Actually Say? is an entertaining and accessible guide that explains what the Constitution lays out.
Packed with digestible notes and clear infographics on everything from the meaning of the Second Amendment to the stated rules around Supreme Court nominations, Sheehan walks us through the entire Constitution, from its preamble to its final amendment. He also offers a bonus section on the Declaration of Independence. Extra-credit information throughout on things like amendments that were never passed and what powers elected officials actually have, give readers all the information they need to be informed and effective voters and citizens.
- "I wish this book existed 50 years ago when I moved to the United States. Ben's constitutional breakdown is a must-read for every current and aspiring citizen."—Arnold Schwarzenegger, former governor of California
- "Finally someone has created an easy way to teach something that's so crucial to us as citizens and as a country. Read this if you want to be smart, no pressure."—Derek Waters, creator of Drunk History
- "Ben grew up in D.C. and had a parent who worked in the U.S. Senate, which gave him the privilege of learning how the government works from a young age. Ben shares that privilege in OMG WTF Does the Constitution Actually Say? This clear, understandable translation of the Constitution immensely helps us understand WTF actually goes on in our government."—Ilana Glazer, activist, actress and co-creator of Broad City
- "In a meeting a few years ago, Ben Sheehan made the topic of gerrymandering genuinely funny to me. Ever since, he's been someone I think of when I look for examples on how to make civics more accessible. Give this book a read!"—Kal Penn, actor and former associate director of the White House Office of Public Engagement
- "Every election, millions of people do not vote simply because they don't understand how the government works. If every American had this book they would laugh, learn, and go to the polls."—Kat Calvin, founder and executive director of Spread the Vote
- On Sale
- Apr 14, 2020
- Hachette Audio