Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Booze & Vinyl
A Spirited Guide to Great Music and Mixed Drinks
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $26.00 $33.00 CAD
- ebook $13.99 $17.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around April 17, 2018. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
From modern craft cocktails to old standbys, prepare to shake, stir, and just plain pour your way through some of the best wax ever pressed. Wickedly designed and featuring photography throughout, Booze & Vinyl is organized by mood, from Rock to Chill, Dance, and Seduce. Each entry has liner notes that underscore the album’s musical highlights and accompanying “Side A” and “Side B” cocktail recipes that complement the music’s mood, imagery in the lyrics, or connect the drink to the artist. This is your guide to a rich listening session for one, two, or more.
Among the 70 featured albums are: Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club, Purple Rain, Sticky Fingers, Born To Run, License to Ill, Appetite for Destruction, Thriller, Like a Virgin, Low End Theory, The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust, Hotel California, Buena Vista Social Club, Back to Black, Pet Sounds, Vampire Weekend, and many more
". . . a unique take that grabs your attention like a record scratch in a monotony of drink books."
—- TastingTable.com (The Best New Cookbooks for Spring 2018)
"This is the Best Damn Drink/Music Book on the Planet....We're naturally excited about the new book by the brother and sister team of Andre and Tenaya Darlington, which pairs 70 seminal albums from the 1950s through the 2000s with A- and B-side cocktails."—Paste Magazine
"Listening to the entire Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust LP, side A then side B, would be that much better with a perfectly paired cocktail. Purple Rain, too. Booze & Vinyl goes in deep on years of classic music with drink recipes to match."
- "If you're looking for an album education, a trip down memory lane or simply a fun entry point into the world of vinyl, pick up Tenaya and André Darlington's new book...We suspect the book will nudge along a resurgence of listening parties, complete with just the right cocktails to set the mood."—Edible Philly
- "A groovy, gorgeous gulp of a book. You'll never use an album cover as a coaster again."—-Tim Federle, bestselling author of Tequila Mockingbird: Cocktails with a Literary Twist
- "Brother-and-sister authors André Darlington and Tenaya Darlington want to enhance your music listening experience, one drink at a time, with Booze and Vinyl. Their book isn't just a sonic exploration of music's greatest hits of the past 60 years - it's also a thoughtful retrospective on how popular cocktails became a part of American culture."—-Washington Post Express
- "Booze and Vinyl is easily flippable and built perfectly for the coffee table or the record shelf. Music and cocktail fans should pick it up."—-Drinkhacker.com
- "Talk about taking rockin' cocktails to the next level, Booze & Vinyl will make you want to sip, stir and dance the night away."—-Spy.com
“Booze & Vinyl is the ultimate guide to a rich listening session coupled with tasty drink recipes.”
—Billboard, The Best Cocktails for Music Lovers & More
- On Sale
- Apr 17, 2018
- Page Count
- 224 pages
- Running Press