Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Kind Like Marsha
Learning from LGBTQ+ Leaders
By Sarah Prager
Illustrated by Cheryl Thuesday
Formats and Prices
- ebook $9.99 $12.99 CAD
- Hardcover $17.99 $22.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around August 2, 2022. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Kind Like Marsha celebrates 14 amazing and inspirational LGBTQ+ people throughout history. Fan favorites like Harvey Milk, Sylvia Rivera, and Audre Lorde are joined by the likes of Leonardo da Vinci, Frida Kahlo, and more in this striking collection. With a focus on a positive personality attribute of each of the historical figures, readers will be encouraged to be brave like the Ugandan activist fighting for LGBTQ+ rights against all odds and to be kind like Marsha P. Johnson who took care of her trans community on the New York City streets.
- "A celebratory book that’s useful for teaching young children about diverse historical figures."—Kirkus Reviews
- “A fine introduction for young readers to the LGBTQ+ world and to some of its significant leaders.”—Booklist
- “A largely visual introduction to queer people and progressive values […] alongside Thuesday’s boldly hued, textural art, which provides contextualizing details.”—Publishers Weekly
- “This browsable volume is intended to encourage curiosity about and further research on fourteen LBGTQ+ activists, poets, politicians, artists, and thinkers from around the world and throughout history.”—The Horn Book
- “Presents biographical information upfront in an approachable way for the youngest readers. I can’t recommend it enough!”—Mutually Inclusive
- "Highly recommended."—Mombian
- On Sale
- Aug 2, 2022
- Page Count
- 32 pages
- Running Press Kids