Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
A Catharsis Cookbook for Getting Dinner and Your Feelings On the Table
By Rachel Levin
By Tara Duggan
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $20.00 $26.00 CAD
- ebook $11.99 $15.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around May 4, 2021. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Where is taking your feelings out with heavy mallets and sharp knives not just allowed—but encouraged? The kitchen, of course! And in Steamed, acclaimed food writers Rachel Levin and Tara Duggan offer readers fifty funny, feisty, and full-flavored dishes to channel frustration and rage into something utterly delicious.
For those inevitable moments when you're boiling over, steaming mad, or just plain fried, turn to:
- Pounded Chicken Parmesan
- Ripped Bread Salad
- Feeling Sad French Onion Soup
- Tune-It-Out Tinga
- Wailing Wasabi Tuna Bowl
. . . and many more in this ultimate ode to finding your chef's knife-wielding, onion-crying, chicken-pounding culinary release.
Playful sidebars, including "Beat It All Out: When You Just Want to Whisk Like a Wild Woman," teach technique and channel all those feelings into your new favorite dinner. For anyone looking for stress eating's more constructive cousin, Steamed and catharsis cooking are here to lend a helping hand—or cleaver.
- So many of us (myself included) cook to escape the insanity of the world-I can't imagine a better way to channel our collective stress than Steamed!—Maile Carpenter, editor-in-chief, Food Network Magazine
- Rachel and Tara have a clever, stealthy strategy in Steamed—to help you let loose via a fun, global collection of recipes that also teach. They get you through the daily challenges of life with humor and practical insights.—Andrea Nguyen, author of Vietnamese Food Any Day
- This book is exactly what I need right now—not another ode to food as love and bla bla bla. Duggan and Levin get at the real reason we say cooking is therapy: so we can pound, slash, spear...and still make delicious, satisfying (extremely satisfying!) food.—Jenny Rosenstrach, New York Times best-selling author of Dinner: A Love Story
- On Sale
- May 4, 2021
- Page Count
- 168 pages
- Running Press