Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Make the Fireflies Dance
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $18.99 $23.99 CAD
- ebook $9.99 $12.99 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around May 16, 2023. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Quincy Walker is a hopeless romantic, so when she's kissed by a stranger in a dark theater, her rom-com obsessed imagination begins plotting the perfect movie-version ending to her senior year (which ends, like all great high school rom-coms, with the prom). With the help of her friends, Operation Mystery Kisser is born: a plan to set Quin up on dates with all the guys who were at the theater that night so she can discover who kissed her. The only problem? Her friends insist on blind dates, and Quin hates letting go of control–just ask the members of her group for her final project for film class. As prom draws nearer, Quin is no closer to finding who her mystery kisser was, and she's not sure she wants to continue looking. Maybe it's her dad's failing health and her brother's absence; maybe it's the fact that she's fighting with her best friend; or maybe–just maybe–it's that she's falling for a guy who definitely isn't the one she's been looking for.
- “I remember walking my first date to her front door after homecoming, filled with so much hope and joyful anticipation. Just like this wonderful feel-good novel of delirious first kisses. Like that night, it will leave you blissfully happy and wishing for more.”—Jamie Ford, New York Times bestselling author of The Many Daughters of Afong Moy
- "Make the Fireflies Dance is magical and loving, romantic and incredibly moving. I read this novel in one night, turning the pages madly, veering between laughter and tears. Rachel Bateman is such a good writer; she brings her characters to life, makes us care about them as if they were our best friends (especially Quin), and makes us wonder about them, wish them well, long after we have read the last page."—Luanne Rice, New York Times bestselling author of Pretend She's Here
"Enchanting and entirely genuine, Rachel Bateman's Make the Fireflies Dance made my heart flicker. Quincy and her family and friends glowed on the page in so many special ways. They made me smile and swoon, laugh and cry. Bateman's romantic comedy, with touching threads of the power of friendship and grief woven in, will bring light to your life."—K.L. Walther, author of If We Were Us and The Summer of Broken Rules
- "Make the Fireflies Dance is a fresh, flirtatious love story with classic rom-com vibes and warm southern charm! Quincy’s journey through blind dates and kisses in the dark will give readers all the fizzy, firefly-dancing, first love feels."—Kaitlyn Hill, author of Love from Scratch and Not Here to Stay Friends
- “Plenty of complex and vulnerable moments in the story…an enjoyable read.”—Kirkus Reviews
- “A thoughtful depiction of a teen embracing change.”—Publishers Weekly
- On Sale
- May 16, 2023
- Page Count
- 352 pages
- Running Press Kids