Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Finding Wild Happiness in a World That's Upside Down
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $27.00 $34.00 CAD
- ebook $13.99 $17.99 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around August 30, 2022. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
*A NATIONAL BESTSELLER*
A bestselling author helps readers find radical joy in a world full of constant comparison by accepting that life is a wild ride and happiness fluctuates with our circumstances.
Happiness is considered a destination, but the finish line is constantly moving—when we get married, find that dream job, move away from home, have a baby, build a dream house, etc. We are promised that a happy life is tied to these milestones.
But what if society has it wrong? What if happiness isn't the goal at all?
With her trademark candor and hilarious storytelling, MK paints a picture of a different life—one bursting with a force that is far more sustainable and vibrant: joy.
Crazy Joy will help readers:
1. Identify and reject ridiculous expectations that society has placed on their lives.
2. Liberate their hearts from the comparison prison and feel content in their current circumstances.
3. View themselves, inside and out, as the masterpiece creations they are.
4. Find joy (and dare we say, laughter!) in the middle of life's biggest messes.
Witty and refreshingly honest, MK invites her readers to embark on a counter-cultural journey toward a life filled to the brim with contentment, humor, and most importantly, Crazy Joy.
- “What a refreshing, heartening experience! Mary Katherine is the kind, funny, and resilient friend we need alongside us as we contend for hope and joy in this world." —Sarah Bessey, New York Times bestselling author of A Rhythm of Prayer and Jesus Feminist
- “MK out here in these streets trying to give out ALL the joy! Crazy Joy is the perfect catalyst to finding your footing again in the midst of these insane times.”—Tyler Merritt, author of I Take My Coffee Black
- “Mary Katherine is the bomb. In a world of competition and curated perfection, happiness relies on so much. Joy, on the other hand, requires none of those exhausting variables and is exactly what MK turns upside down in Crazy Joy. Through MK’s humor and seriousness, Crazy Joy will inspire you to give up the happy act.”—Natalie Franke, entrepreneur and author of Built to Belong
- "If there was ever a person qualified to talk about joy, it’s Mary Katherine Backstrom. Even when life is hard, her ability to laugh and make others laugh is impressive. My life has more joy because she's a part of it."—April Ajoy, Evangelicalish Podcast
- “Mary Katherine is a crazy joy genius.” —Meredith Masony, author of Ask Me What’s For Dinner One More Time
- “What timely and valuable insight from my friend Mary Kathrine Backstrom. In a culture that seems so chaotic and uncertain, finding our joy is imperative to being our best selves. MK not only writes it, but she lives it. You can feel her genuine joy for life and relationships whenever you are around her. It's infectious.”—Jeremy Coleman, TikTok’s “That Pastor from Oklahoma"
- “Mary Katherine’s writing gives me permission to laugh and cry, but also think deeper about what’s happening in the world around me.”—Kate Swenson, founder of Finding Coopers Voice & National bestselling author of Forever Boy
- On Sale
- Aug 30, 2022
- Page Count
- 240 pages
- Worthy Books