Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $19.99 $25.99 CAD
- ebook $12.99 $15.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around March 3, 2015. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
To do this, the reader will step into the seminary classroom and observe the practical principles-the tricks of the trade-for becoming a more effective student of the Bible. But Yarbrough has made sure that his writing style and general approach will be appealing to both academic students and those involved in lay-level Bible study.
Real life is whacky and in-your-face. Studying Scripture should be too.
- Following in the footsteps of Howard Hendricks, Mark Yarbrough's insightful, relevant, and many times humorous book is a Kingdom tool for comprehending-and applying-God's great Word. You will be challenged, and better equipped, to be a lifelong student of Scripture. I highly recommend this work for your church, school, ministry, or personal study.—Tony Evans, senior pastor of the Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship and president of The Urban Alternative
- A MUST-READ book for this generation! Never before in the history of the church in America has the study of the Scriptures been so important. Mark has absolutely nailed a long-needed exhortation to dig into The Book, but also the tools for effective digging.—Dr. Dennis Rainey, CEO and president, FamilyLife
- After forty years of teaching, I have now found the best introduction to the wide world of biblical interpretation. Mark Yarbrough has a gift for synthesis without sacrificing scope. HOW TO READ THE BIBLE LIKE A SEMINARY PROFESSOR will inform you and motivate you to want to study God's Word at deeper levels than ever before. I love it!—Mark L. Bailey, president, Dallas Theological Seminary
- This is the best book on understanding and interpreting the Bible I've ever seen. Practical, easy to understand, scholarly but accessible, and filled with insights and tools for a lifetime of knowing God through His Word.—Chip Ingram, teaching pastor of Living on the Edge and author of Culture Shock: A Biblical Response to Today's Most Divisive Issues
- Tragically, people in the church today do not know the Word of God-nor how to study it. We must reverse that trend. Dr. Mark Yarbrough provides us a needed model, and encouragement, for recapturing the lost virtue of effective Bible study. This book will not teach you to master God's Word, but to be mastered by it. HOW TO READ THE BIBLE LIKE A SEMINARY PROFESSOR is a tool that every Christian should have in their library.—Will Graham, vice president of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and executive director of the Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove
- On Sale
- Mar 3, 2015
- Page Count
- 368 pages